5019D-FN8TP-X11SDV-4C-TP8F New in Box $500

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

amalurk

Dec 16, 2016
Got mine today, looks new as advertised, well packed. Waiting on ram and quieter fans I bought.

Reactions: Dark

EngChiSTH

Jun 27, 2018
Chicago
Got mine today, looks new as advertised, well packed. Waiting on ram and quieter fans I bought.
Still thinking about it - reading your post and had a question of why you are waiting for RAM, I thought it comes with it, not true?
Ebay listing shows 64GB as included..

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Still thinking about it - reading your post and had a question of why you are waiting for RAM, I thought it comes with it, not true?
It would be interesting to know if it actually came with any RAM. If it did, its an ever better value. But I doubt it.

The Item Specifics section, where is shows 64GB, is usually autofilled by ebay. Those autofills are pretty notorious for being inaccurate, but even if the info is incorrect, sellers cant change them (at least they didn't used to be unable to change them). All they can do is mention in the details very specifically that no RAM is included. Since the title and detail section, the parts the seller CAN fill out and change, don't mention RAM on this listing, I doubt there is any. Would be good if I was wrong though!

Reactions: EngChiSTH

amalurk

Dec 16, 2016
It did not come with any RAM unless I missed it in the package. I had assumed it was the same barebones as Supermicro sells it and so I ordered RAM at the same time and I didn't even see the part of the description you referred to until your post.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
These look like great deals if they are indeed new or even new-ish

Building something like this is probably in the $750-800 range new (you have to buy fans, and even the extra bracket cooling the PCIe card you usually have to purchase with a CSE-505-203B.

Probably going to grab two to relieve a final pair of Atom C2000 systems from their duties.

DDR4-3200 we can never get enough of. DDR4-2400 is much easier these days.

Reactions: Dark

cbarbie

Mar 10, 2011
US-VA
In for one...
I have an Atom 2758 in the same chassis running Pfsense. This will allow me to configure an online HA secondary.

Reactions: Patrick

Dark

Mar 9, 2019
In for one...
I have an Atom 2758 in the same chassis running Pfsense. This will allow me to configure an online HA secondary.
Not a bad idea with the potential clock signal issue on that generation atom.

Reactions: Patrick

Dark

Mar 9, 2019
I'm running two R340's w/ E-2126G, debating replacing them with these 5019's.

Considering for the slightly lower power consumption, smaller footprint, and RDIMM flexibility...I would miss the dual PSU and 2x pcie slots.

Brian Puccio

Jul 26, 2014
That made it easier for me to pass this deal lol.
Same. I’ve only looked at this thread a dozen times and thought about the switches I could get to let me use those 10g SFP ports since my current switch only has 4 and they’re all used.

EngChiSTH

Jun 27, 2018
Chicago
Same. I’ve only looked at this thread a dozen times and thought about the switches I could get to let me use those 10g SFP ports since my current switch only has 4 and they’re all used.
Same as well. edge router use case I understand. for anything else (that does not need 10G connectivity than can not be provided by $25 connect x3 card) - too expensive for what is offered.

cmmh

Feb 26, 2021
Got my unit today. Definitely clean and brand new. NCR branding, bet these were planned to be "central computers" for Point of Sale systems or something like that. Seems like a good use case, surprised they didn't get used.

Does anyone have any insight into what kind of SFP+ optics it will accept? The Supermicro manual wasn't helpful in this area.

Thanks!