44 cores 512gb X10DRG-Q 4-way SLI

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Venturi

Apr 22, 2016
Ah honesty...
...they are both “used” by me to the extent I bought them as back ups and tested them by putting in ram chips and power. Then put away in a box of my boards

I have 4, I’m considering 2 as now unnecessary as my original board is still flawless. The one extra board is going into a similar build but using my prior 4 Titan XP quad Sli and my prior pair of e5-2699 v3

That leaves me 3 boards: 1 spare and 2 that I don’t think I’ll need.

I hope that answers the question.

Price:
As they are both "used" and originally about $640 each and I want to make some room in my study/lab (moving house) I would let both go (package deal) for $200 total (plus shipping).

rules: I'm doing this because I like this forum and members, For 100 bucks a board I will not be responsible for anything after the transaction. I do have a perfect reputation. If for some reason a board gives you issues, you still have the other one.

suggestions:
put bios 3.0 only on the board
DO NOT put the Specter variant BS microcode bios 3.1 on it cuz it slows everything down.
The 3.0 bios is no longer available on the supermicro site, so I will be happy to email it to you.

Bios flashing: --> done by onboard utility. piece of cake.

You must use the "maintenance mode" jumper to flash the bios, after flash put the jumper back in its original position.

Anyhow, let me know. Just trying to do you a favor

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: gigatexal

mlaznar

Ah honesty...
...they are both “used” by me to the extent I bought them as back ups and tested them by putting in ram chips and power. Then put away in a box of my boards

I have 4, I’m considering 2 as now unnecessary as my original board is still flawless. The one extra board is going into a similar build but using my prior 4 Titan XP quad Sli and my prior pair of e5-2699 v3

That leaves me 3 boards: 1 spare and 2 that I don’t think I’ll need.

I hope that answers the question.

Price:
As they are both "used" and originally about $640 each and I want to make some room in my study/lab (moving house) I would let both go (package deal) for $200 total (plus shipping).

rules: I'm doing this because I like this forum and members, For 100 bucks a board I will not be responsible for anything after the transaction. I do have a perfect reputation. If for some reason a board gives you issues, you still have the other one.

suggestions:
put bios 3.0 only on the board
DO NOT put the Specter variant BS microcode bios 3.1 on it cuz it slows everything down.
The 3.0 bios is no longer available on the supermicro site, so I will be happy to email it to you.

Bios flashing: --> done by onboard utility. piece of cake.

You must use the "maintenance mode" jumper to flash the bios, after flash put the jumper back in its original position.

Anyhow, let me know. Just trying to do you a favor
rules: ....For 100 bucks a board I will not be responsible for anything after the transaction.
The boards are reported to be working I guess...the thing is: you havent been playing with them since you got them?¿? I suppose the CPU pins on the sockets are okay?¿? I know that for that litle money you wont be responsible...

Wowwwwww really $200 for 2 boards REALLYYYYY?¿ I am very surprised...

I looked at the image, are you going to send each of them inside its SuperMicro motherboard box...If I m not wrong under the board, there is a SuperMicro board...

Do you have I/O shields for the boards?¿ If not, nothing happens because I have seen some on eBay...

About how to do the payment...PayPal or whatever?¿? About the shipping USPS or whatever?¿?

Please can we take the comunication by email?¿?

I am really interested please we can comunicate,
Manuel Luis Aznar

Venturi

Apr 22, 2016
The boards are reported to be working I guess...the thing is: you havent been playing with them since you got them?¿? I suppose the CPU pins on the sockets are okay?¿? I know that for that litle money you wont be responsible...

Wowwwwww really $200 for 2 boards REALLYYYYY?¿ I am very surprised...

I looked at the image, are you going to send each of them inside its SuperMicro motherboard box...If I m not wrong under the board, there is a SuperMicro board...

Do you have I/O shields for the boards?¿ If not, nothing happens because I have seen some on eBay...

About how to do the payment...PayPal or whatever?¿? About the shipping USPS or whatever?¿?

Please can we take the comunication by email?¿?

I am really interested please we can comunicate,
Manuel Luis Aznar
I sent you a pm/conversation

Reactions: gigatexal

Xavier0606

Jul 7, 2019
France
Hi,

I try to follow the projects since the "FULLY FUNCTIONAL 4-WAY PASCAL SLI".
After cheap project with dual E5-2687W without obtain full SLI Bandwidth:confused:, i will like to try E5-2697V3 (with dual 14 core minimum needed) with supermicro X10DRG-Q:D.

but impossible to find first 3.0 Bios supermicro X10DRG-Q...:rolleyes:

From i remerber, a special SLI harness needed...?

Thanks

Venturi

Apr 22, 2016
Hi,

I try to follow the projects since the "FULLY FUNCTIONAL 4-WAY PASCAL SLI".
After cheap project with dual E5-2687W without obtain full SLI Bandwidth:confused:, i will like to try E5-2697V3 (with dual 14 core minimum needed) with supermicro X10DRG-Q:D.

but impossible to find first 3.0 Bios supermicro X10DRG-Q...:rolleyes:

From i remerber, a special SLI harness needed...?

Thanks

I replied to your personal email and sent information including the 3.0 bios

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
I just wanted to bump this thread to say HOLY SHIT THAT COMPUTER OF YOURS @Venturi, it's awesome! It's been far too long that I seen someone do such a insane build like this!

Last edited:

Venturi

Apr 22, 2016
"Why Xeon though, didn't want to wait for Epyc 2?"

There are no dual epic motherboards with 4x gpu capability, sound, etc. (workstation)

otherwise I would have used one

Last edited:
Reactions: Wasmachineman_NL

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
Can we upload the 3.0 bios somewhere we can access easily like GDrive or attach to the forum?