40GBE/100GBE Upgrade on the cheap

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Cmdrd

Jun 23, 2016
I am getting serious about the juniper ex4300. Hows the command config learning curve for these switches. I never owned juniper before.
What previous experience do you have with managed switches? My background is Cisco gear and I find that Junipers are quite easy to configure. They're documentation is also quite good but it can take some digging and a bit of practice to learn how the config is organized. Once you spend a bit of time on it though it makes a lot of sense.

MSX-fan

May 2, 2019
Any news about 100GBE routers moving around e.g. under 2k€ range already? (12 ports would be enough)?

Cmdrd

Jun 23, 2016
Any news about 100GBE routers moving around e.g. under 2k€ range already? (12 ports would be enough)?
Would be quite incredible to have 100G switches under that price right now let alone 100G routers for that price. The short answer to your question is not even close right now.

MSX-fan

May 2, 2019
Many thanks for the fast reply :)
So lets keep the fingers crossed for xmas present for "affordable " switches for Christmas 2020 then :)