400GB Samsung SM1625 @ Ebay $140

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
Samsung SM1625 Series 400GB eMLC SAS SSD Drive 6Gbps 2.5" MZ6ER400HAGL-000K0 | eBay

I offered $120 for 1 & it was accepted.

The drive I got had 7 power-on hours, 2.4GB writes, 0.029 GB reads.

Seems brand new...

Code:
# smartctl -d cciss,0 -i /dev/sdb
smartctl 6.5 2016-01-24 r4214 [x86_64-linux-4.13.0-36-generic] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-16, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

/dev/sdb [cciss_disk_00] [SCSI]: Device open changed type from 'sat,auto+cciss' to 'cciss'
=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Vendor:               SAMSUNG
Product:              MZ6ER400HAGL/003
Revision:             DM0T
Compliance:           SPC-4
User Capacity:        400,088,457,216 bytes [400 GB]
Logical block size:   512 bytes
Physical block size:  8192 bytes
LU is resource provisioned, LBPRZ=1
Rotation Rate:        Solid State Device
Form Factor:          2.5 inches
Logical Unit id:      0x5002538475b296b0
Serial number:        XXXXXXXXXXXX
Device type:          disk
Transport protocol:   SAS (SPL-3)
Local Time is:       Mon Feb 26 18:25:07 2018 CST
SMART support is:     Available - device has SMART capability.
SMART support is:     Enabled
Temperature Warning:  Enabled

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART Health Status: OK

Percentage used endurance indicator: 0%
Current Drive Temperature:     27 C
Drive Trip Temperature:        60 C

Manufactured in week 29 of year 2015
Accumulated start-stop cycles:  60
Specified load-unload count over device lifetime:  0
Accumulated load-unload cycles:  0
Elements in grown defect list: 0

Error counter log:
          Errors Corrected by           Total   Correction     Gigabytes    Total
              ECC          rereads/    errors   algorithm      processed    uncorrected
          fast | delayed   rewrites  corrected  invocations   [10^9 bytes]  errors
read:         0        0         0        0          0         0.029           0
write:        0        0         0        0          0         2.374           0
verify:       0        0         0        0          0         0.002           0

Non-medium error count:        6

SMART Self-test log
Num  Test              Status                 segment  LifeTime  LBA_first_err [SK ASC ASQ]
    Description                              number   (hours)
# 1  Default           Completed                   -       7                 - [-   -    -]
# 2  Default           Completed                   -       7                 - [-   -    -]

Long (extended) Self Test duration: 3600 seconds [60.0 minutes]

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
Would this work for a SA120 enclosure? First time user of SAS SSDs here and I was thinking of grabbing a few of those if the seller can send to Europe without the GSP... any documentation online explaining cables, power connectors, etc for this type of SAS disk?

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
A 26 to 30% increase of the listed price is not noticeable to you? And for those here who had offers at 120 accepted initially it is a 30 to 40% increase, accounting for offers under that price.

Are you affiliated with the seller or just not very good at math?

No offense... but I think I speak for most people here when I say that sellers who rapidly inflate prices after quick sales (especially if they benefited from the forum or hyped it up here) aren't exactly appreciated. This forum is not your/their PR or marketing outlet. If you listed something at X then have the decency to keep it at X after benefiting from the increased influx of buyers thanks to this forum. Duh.

laserpaddy

Jul 17, 2017
out there
I'm not affiliated with anyone, I am good at math, but considering I paid 500 bucks for for a similar brand new one a few years ago I made a quick post.
Now I will apologize for my not considering your position.

No offense but until people stop griping about prices and stop buying stuff and letting the sellers know why then this ebay rapid inflation stuff will continue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

laserpaddy

Jul 17, 2017
out there
A 26 to 30% increase of the listed price is not noticeable to you? And for those here who had offers at 120 accepted initially it is a 30 to 40% increase, accounting for offers under that price.

Are you affiliated with the seller or just not very good at math?

No offense... but I think I speak for most people here when I say that sellers who rapidly inflate prices after quick sales (especially if they benefited from the forum or hyped it up here) aren't exactly appreciated. This forum is not your/their PR or marketing outlet. If you listed something at X then have the decency to keep it at X after benefiting from the increased influx of buyers thanks to this forum. Duh.
Please do not assume anything about me in the future,if you like pm me and will gladly give all the personal info plus phone number if you would like to discuss anything, I've been on the planet for many years and have worked in numerous high tech industries.
I have also purchased from people on this.forum and have had phone conversations, and I expect they considered me to be polite and a genuine person

Reactions: anomaly

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
I'm not affiliated with anyone, I am good at math, but considering I paid 500 bucks for for a similar brand new one a few years ago I made a quick post.
Now I will apologize for my not considering your position.

No offense but until people stop griping about prices and stop buying stuff and letting the sellers know why then this ebay rapid inflation stuff will continue.

Keyword is "brand new". I have paid about 340 a piece for SM863 SSDs with full lifespan remaining. The seller advertised them as such and the price was stable. I could go on.

I do know someone who contacted the seller before the prices went up and now after... and he was pretty clear about the less than stellar salesmanship there. This was after the seller more or less stopped responding properly. We are building a system for a uni here and already got storage... now it's more of a question if we want one or two to play with them ourselves. But 150 is not competitive when there are good S3710 offers for about the same. Just to name one.

At 130 it was a great deal. At 120 we wanted to buy 10. He sent an offer for 4 right away but couldn't arrange US shipping until recently. There will be better deals.

laserpaddy

Jul 17, 2017
out there
I understand and have had similar situations, so what I did was watched the seller for a while and anything he had that I would've bought of did from someone else, I sent them an email politely stating that they lost a sale because of price gouging me, or rather trying to, after emails totalling about 2k in them losing sales they got the point.
Now if 10 or 20 people did this it would be an eye opener for sure.

My point is similar to yours about this site having a direct price influence in the increase, it could have the same point on the decrease or remaining stable.

As I said I made a quick post and I made a quick apology for my being short sited on this, as I am usually longer winded. I also agree with you.