4-port 2.5Gbe PCI-E card?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Parallax

Nov 8, 2020
London, UK
b1 revision is basically broken, b2 is broken but can largely ( but not totally ) fixed via firmware, b3 is the current and only 'fully functional' option
I was under the impression that the b3 still had a few issues, and in fact the whole i225v series such a notorious problem child that they renamed it to i226v without actually really redesigning it properly? But maybe that's all internet rumour.

I've not been a fan of Realtek in the past but the RTL8125 I'm (reluctantly?) running is actually fine so far, even in a Ryzen system.

PD_ZFS-User

Jul 13, 2018
Hey there good folks!

I was looking around but I couldn't seem to find a proper solution that fits my needs...
I'm looking to get a 4 port 2.5GbE card, preferably with an i225v3 chipset.

I'm aware of the pre-built cool little 4 port box from Aliexpress/Amazon that Patrick had reviewed (even had one of these deployed at a friends place).
But this solution doesn't fit my needs. I need that as an add-in card rather than "the whole box" since I need to integrate a few more cards on the same box.

And so stands the question, does such a card even exists? I've seen some 2-port Realtek 2.5GbE cards around but not a 4-port one, let alone one that is based on the updated Intel chipset. That made me wonder as to why not? If that's available on a pre-built box, why not as an add-in card?
So I come to the only place I know that is likely to know the answer for that for sure =)

Your input would be greatly appreciated.
iZohanX,

This may be late to your need, but I noticed a card which claims to have the desired i225v3 chipset from zimaboard. Here's a link: PCIe x4 to 4-Port 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Card Intel I225v3 Chipset Network Expansion Card PXE, Wake-On-LAN

Hope this helps.

PD