4.8TB Flashmax ii SSD 199 USD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

redeamon

Jun 10, 2018
If I remember right, these cards have a high idle power consumption (20+ watts) and a low max operating temperature. You'll need adequate airflow.

Reactions: Samir

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
I saw a lot of two 2TB versions on a cheap auction other day. Ended up passing because they are OLD. The speed was more like SAS3 than pcie, and they seemed hot, and the whole need for a driver thing.

But i can see for the right application where you just need a lot of flash, and you need it cheap, these could be great.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I saw a lot of two 2TB versions on a cheap auction other day. Ended up passing because they are OLD. The speed was more like SAS3 than pcie, and they seemed hot, and the whole need for a driver thing.

But i can see for the right application where you just need a lot of flash, and you need it cheap, these could be great.
I'm not sure what the reliability is on these, but generally the older devices were based on SLC and had ridiculous endurance so that might be the tradeoff.

nk215

Oct 6, 2015
I had this SSD. It's old and runs hot (I have a fan pointing at it). The performance was just a hair below Intel P3600.