$35 720p IP cameras

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
Dangit. After spending way too much time perusing that forum, it's become evident that I absolutely have to have a security system. Does anyone recommend any good 12+ port managed POE+ switches to keep an eye out for on ebay? They seem to be more into new, 8 ports or fewer, unmaged switches on that forum, and I didn't see too many talked about here either.
16 port POE+ switches are all over amazon. They aren't cheap but they are worth it. Do bear in mind POE+ switches usually have a fan so they aren't silent.

I've seen Dell switches for $200 or so pop up from here and there. Just make sure you have enough wattage to power all your cameras.

unclerunkle

Mar 2, 2011
Wisconsin
Dangit. After spending way too much time perusing that forum, it's become evident that I absolutely have to have a security system. Does anyone recommend any good 12+ port managed POE+ switches to keep an eye out for on ebay? They seem to be more into new, 8 ports or fewer, unmaged switches on that forum, and I didn't see too many talked about here either.
I struggled with this too, but in the end I wanted two things - FULL POE+ support and low cost.

As such, I went with the following switch that had 2x 1Gbit SFP uplinks, with the intention of adding a second as my camera needs grew: EnGenius EGS5110P

I paid $130 for it, shipped off eBay.