$35 720p IP cameras

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
ONLY day light and no SD and speaker.

my suggestion, get a good one, not that

most reviews are from "free product" , "seller", and "unknown".

you can get $40 for "ok"/"for fun" nightvision on ebay including free shipping.

Reactions: T_Minus

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@MiniKnight if those were $25 I might pick up a few for fun. Specs for $35 is not bad really but I have a different issue.

They seem reliant upon installing an app. I am not sure I would want their app installed in my phone. Figure the bigger players have security issues so giving that much access to an app is more than a bit scary to me.

Reactions: T_Minus

unclerunkle

Mar 2, 2011
Wisconsin
Hm, I know Hikvision makes some really nice security cameras...they are 1080p for a little over $100 when shipped from China.

Reactions: Havs

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
If you don't mind ordering from China I'd seriously consider these.

2016 HUISUN 2nd Generation 2.0MP 10X IP66 Waterproof 1080P with POE IP Bullet PTZ Camera Hot Sell CCTV-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I have one of the first generation and it works great. Very similar web UI to Hikvision. The PTZ is slower than some people like but 10x zoom and full PTZ for ~$150 is worth it. Even better it has full PTZ support in Blue Iris.

I have two of the second gen cameras that should be here tomorrow. If anyone is interested I can provide more details or some sample screenshots/videos.

Reactions: Havs and Patrick

canta

Nov 26, 2014
I vote for hkvision.

I only use streaming video only due on zoneminder processes everything.

Some IP cam are homing their server..and could open security risk..

Reactions: Havs

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Some IP cam are homing their server..and could open security risk..
A valid concern. Ideally all cameras should be on a separate network/VLAN and the only traffic allowed should be that required for the streams and control between the cameras and your recording device.

Reactions: canta

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010

2016 HUISUN 2nd Generation 2.0MP 10X IP66 Waterproof 1080P with POE IP Bullet PTZ Camera Hot Sell CCTV-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I have one of the first generation and it works great. Very similar web UI to Hikvision. The PTZ is slower than some people like but 10x zoom and full PTZ for ~$150 is worth it. Even better it has full PTZ support in Blue Iris.

I have two of the second gen cameras that should be here tomorrow. If anyone is interested I can provide more details or some sample screenshots/videos.

Can I vote as being interested?

abq

May 23, 2015

I am interested as well. Thanks much for finding this potential deal!

canta

Nov 26, 2014
A valid concern. Ideally all cameras should be on a separate network/VLAN and the only traffic allowed should be that required for the streams and control between the cameras and your recording device.
this the best solution since no control on ip camera firmware :D.

my current solution, separated VLAN and accesspoint ( for some of my cams that not wired). Please just give me a d*mn video streaming. not less and not more!

Reactions: coolrunnings82

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I can emphatically say if you are going to get a quality generic camera with great specs and support out the wazoo from dozens of apps my bet is on Hikvision.

chilipepperz

Mar 17, 2016
I can emphatically say if you are going to get a quality generic camera with great specs and support out the wazoo from dozens of apps my bet is on Hikvision.
I'm late to this thread. Do you have these cameras? Is someone going to make their own thread on them?

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
This is the one you want -

Top-201-IR H264 1MP Super Mini Network IP Camera Home RTSP TCP/IP Night Vision

They work with Blue Iris and are rock solid stable. Image quality is great too. Included SW blows but like I said, it works with Blue Iris

Also, this is the best bang for the buck outdoor cam I've found. Pan and tilt, wireless, and it too works with Blue Iris.

Wholesale EasyN IP 1BF IP Camera - Weatherproof Camera From China

I've ordered several of the above and transit time from China is 2 days. I have no idea how they do it but they do.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
I got my two Huisun cameras in yesterday and everything works fine on the bench. If the weather holds I'll mount them today and provide some samples.

I agree that Hikvision is the best bang for your buck with fixed cameras, but for home use their PTZ models aren't worth it. I have a couple of 3MP turrets and they're fantastic.

chilipepperz

Mar 17, 2016
I still haven't done exterior cameras yet. I'm a total newbie at having to pull wire and mount stuff on exteriors. I'd probably drill a hole and spring a leak next rain. I'm also scared of rodents so I don't like crawlspaces.

Havs

Sep 23, 2015
Several interesting threads over at IP Cam Talk Huisun

Note how this manufacturer has 7 pages of threads and hikvision at 136. Worth noting I think.
Dangit. After spending way too much time perusing that forum, it's become evident that I absolutely have to have a security system. Does anyone recommend any good 12+ port managed POE+ switches to keep an eye out for on ebay? They seem to be more into new, 8 ports or fewer, unmaged switches on that forum, and I didn't see too many talked about here either.