32GB PC3-14900 DDR3 LRDIMM 4x @ $150 of better

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
Offer accepted. 4 lots @ $105 per lot.

We shall see if they are real. $0.82/GB is super cheap.

Propaganda

Dec 6, 2017
Offer accepted. 4 lots @ $105 per lot.

We shall see if they are real. $0.82/GB is super cheap.
I'm still running through memtest on them but so far no errors. Is there a way to check that they are "real"? Mine had the HP stickers on them per the seller's listing.

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
I'm still running through memtest on them but so far no errors. Is there a way to check that they are "real"? Mine had the HP stickers on them per the seller's listing.
I meant more along the lines as to whether or not the seller actually ships them. I missed the part where you already received yours.

Have to be slightly skeptical of new eBay accounts.

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
I offered 115/ea for 5 sets of the original and he bit, i know i might have gotten cheaper, but didnt want to get underbid either :p

28.75/32Gb DIMM is insane pricing for server stuff

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
Damn. I don't need any more of DDR3R but it was really hard to restrain myself. But I managed /flex
Chinese manufacturers should be making PCIe x16 RAM disk cards taking registered DDR3 instead of those janky X79/X99 mobos. That would have been a hit.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Chinese manufacturers should be making PCIe x16 RAM disk cards taking registered DDR3 instead of those janky X79/X99 mobos. That would have been a hit.
And the kicker would have been that it would have been faster too. It's what makes an infinidat storage array quicker than a normal nvme array:
Dell, Please Stop Calling PowerMax the World’s Fastest Storage Array - Faster than All-Flash, Part 2

The challenge would have been figuring out a battery solution for keeping the dram powered all the time.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
you can run dmidecode to get the info on the eeprom i think.. should have manufacturer / serial number / part number. of course, someone meticulous enough can "fake" that too...

Reactions: Samir and T_Minus

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
All of mine arrived yesterday. Talk about fast shipping. I wont be able to start testing it until tomorrow.

Reactions: Samir