EXPIRED 32GB ECC UDIMMS for $29/ea in the CDW Outlet

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
They won't work with that. Xeon D-1500 series only supports 32GB RDIMMs. UDIMMs are capped at 16GB.
That's what I've read too, but I haven't seen where anyone tried it so here goes nothing. Worse case, someone here will be able to use them. :)

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I will wait for your decision. :)
Watch the ec200a thread as I'll probably forget about this one and post my findings there which will indicate if I need them anymore. Then just PM me. It will probably be a few months though as I haven't even gotten systems up and running that are easy peasy yet. :(

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Looks like all gone now. I've received a shipping notice and tracking number as of a few minutes ago.
When I placed the phone order he put in a note for mine to ship out today if possible but it was already at the cutoff so he said it would probably be tomorrow. Strangely enough I've never gotten shipping notices when my orders ship and I have to check my order in the 'quick order status' to find out what's happened. :confused:

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Sigh. %^*# STH Effect!

I saw this thread about 5 minutes before going into a meeting and was afraid that if I waited till I got done they would be sold out (after all, it really was a good price!).

So I rushed the lookup on my motherboard specs and ordered two pieces. Sadly, I misread. Yes, X11SSW-F can take 64GB total, but max UDIMM size is only 16GB.

D’oh!
I think a lot of us here may have gotten caught up in the frenzy and bought without checking, so I think people that missed out may end up not missing out after all. :)

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
2 left in stock!
Thank you for this timestamp! So it looks like these got wiped out in 4 hours since I first posted them with a bulk of the sales coming from STH from what I can tell. The STH Effect™ indeed! :D:D Now I just hope mine ship tomorrow as they missed getting out today.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Sigh. %^*# STH Effect!

I saw this thread about 5 minutes before going into a meeting and was afraid that if I waited till I got done they would be sold out (after all, it really was a good price!).

So I rushed the lookup on my motherboard specs and ordered two pieces. Sadly, I misread. Yes, X11SSW-F can take 64GB total, but max UDIMM size is only 16GB.

D’oh!
Hopefully you'll find that Intel's spec sheets weren't complete because 32GB UDIMMs just didn't exist and they'll actually work. :) I love it when that happens. :)

Reactions: Markess and itronin

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
Glad you guys all liked the deal. I've stopped posting deals as I usually get a lot of negative feedback. I picked up a bunch of these a month ago for $46 ea and just picked up 4 more about 3 days ago for $34 ea. 8 is more than I can use across 2 boxes and w/o angering the wife further. Enjoy!

Also: For those of you who want more specs, this is what my linux box says:

Timings from (dmidecode-dimms)
---=== Timings at Standard Speeds ===---
AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-3200 22-22-22-52
AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-2933 21-21-21-47
AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-2666 19-19-19-43
AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-2400 17-17-17-39
AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-2133 15-15-15-35
AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-1866 13-13-13-30
AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-1600 11-11-11-26

from "dmidecode -t memory":
# dmidecode 3.3
Getting SMBIOS data from sysfs.
SMBIOS 3.3.0 present.

Handle 0x0031, DMI type 16, 23 bytes
Physical Memory Array
Use: System Memory
Error Correction Type: Multi-bit ECC
Maximum Capacity: 128 GB
Error Information Handle: 0x0030
Number Of Devices: 4

Handle 0x0039, DMI type 17, 92 bytes
Memory Device
Array Handle: 0x0031
Error Information Handle: 0x0038
Total Width: 72 bits
Data Width: 64 bits
Size: 32 GB
Form Factor: DIMM
Set: None
Locator: DIMM_A1
Bank Locator: BANK 0
Type: DDR4
Type Detail: Synchronous Unbuffered (Unregistered)
Speed: 3200 MT/s
Manufacturer: Avant
Serial Number: 00000000
Asset Tag: Not Specified
Part Number: W724GU44J2320NA
Configured Memory Speed: 3200 MT/s
Minimum Voltage: 1.2 V
Maximum Voltage: 1.2 V
Configured Voltage: 1.2 V
Memory Technology: DRAM
Memory Operating Mode Capability: Volatile memory
Firmware Version: Unknown
Module Manufacturer ID: Bank 6, Hex 0xF7
Module Product ID: Unknown
Memory Subsystem Controller Manufacturer ID: Unknown
Memory Subsystem Controller Product ID: Unknown
Non-Volatile Size: None
Volatile Size: 32 GB
Cache Size: None
Logical Size: None

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
how in the world is this not a pricing mistake??
CDW Outlet posts "Outlet" stuff, in this case "Returned-Like New" memory, at a generally competitive price. Then every so often, the prices automatically go down, and keep going down until the item either sells or it gets moved out to a liquidator or other bulk sale method.

The fun? challenge? nail biting? nature of the format is, that once you find something you really want, you can keep checking back until the price drops low enough to be a really great value...or...someone else decides it was a great value a couple $ higher than you were hoping for and you lose out.

There's lots of stuff, usually single items, that can get overlooked for one reason or another until the price gets super low. A couple years ago when it was still a fairly new product, I found a "New in Box" Quadro P620 in the outlet when it was $119 and I eventually grabbed it a few weeks later for $57. Just had to be patient.

I bet @Samir has a lot of stories about finds there that he got at a great price...and probably even more that got away :p

Reactions: Samir

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
So guys this thread was an emotional roller coaster for me when I checked it this morning.

1) "CDW Outlet? it will already be out of stock and just a fictional listing"
2) (reads posts)
3) "oh wow they have a lot in stock!"
4) (starts thinking of uses for 32GB DIMMS)
5) (checks listing)
6) "#$^*#@!!! STH EFFECT (tm)!"

• Haha
Reactions: Samir and Almighty

PrimeXFN

Mar 4, 2019
I placed 8 orders online between 3:20 and 3:30 PM CDT.
6 of them shipped yesterday evening, 1 of them shows backordered, and 1 of them has no status update. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

PrimeXFN

Mar 4, 2019
8 single orders? Why not call into combine and save $60 in shipping?
I hate calling and it was still a great price. Frankly I'd rather have missed out entirely than have to call CDW. I recognize that is probably a minority opinion, but it's my money to waste. :)

ProLiant

Aug 23, 2022
I hate calling and it was still a great price. Frankly I'd rather have missed out entirely than have to call CDW. I recognize that is probably a minority opinion, but it's my money to waste. :)
Fair enough. I had to call multiple times to get my order fixed and was on hold for an hour in total probably.

• Wow

e97

Jun 3, 2015
You can also use chat but calling is much quicker (if you have an account).

Mine shipped last night.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Ordered mine (two separate online orders) at 3:25PM CST and I got the shipping notice an hour later. Didn't have the time to wait on the phone, and shipping on two separate orders was only going to be a couple bucks more than two sticks in a single order.