EXPIRED 32GB ECC UDIMMS for $29/ea in the CDW Outlet

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yeah, sometimes life really kicks you back. I only checked this RAM because I was really curious and had 5 min to spare. Memtest. Duh...hadn't thought to run that for some reason. Brilliant!

Hope you get a breather soon.
This years has been a series of kicks that have costed me nearly 4 months. :oops: 4 months is hard to catch up when there's only 4 more months left. Luckily, it seems that things are a bit on the up (hopefully I didn't just jinx it), and I need to get back to where I was on IT stuff because it will become a 'need' soon enough.

Ironically, the thing that makes checking the ram more than a 5 minute thing is finding a vga display and a free power outlet, lol.

Thank you for the warm wishes--I hope the same for you too so you get to play with the new ram. :)

VogonPogo

Apr 7, 2019
My orders were canceled. I had 2 orders with one stick each.
Got emails a few days ago that they were backordered.
Now online I see their status is 'Canceled', no emails though...

Even though I was one of the earlier ones to order, there were still over 100pcs left at the time I ordered.

Reactions: Samir

Jaket

Jan 4, 2017
Seattle, New York
purevoltage.com

Even though I was one of the earlier ones to order, there were still over 100pcs left at the time I ordered.
I've had this happen so many times in the past that we almost never try ordering from them due to this. :(

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Hopefully you'll find that Intel's spec sheets weren't complete because 32GB UDIMMs just didn't exist and they'll actually work. :) I love it when that happens. :)
Sadly, this isn't a case of Intel failing to update specs. They just don't work in my X11/E3 setup, or anything else that I'm running. Closest I come is my garage PC (AM4/A320) that will run on one stick, but not two. Seems like overkill though when all I use it for is watching movies while at the workbench out there.

Guess I should read the product spec pages more closely next time! :oops:

Seems to me my choices are to give my son or wife's more recent Ryzen desktops a big RAM boost they really dont need.....Or use it as justification to buy that X470/570 motherboard I've been wanting to replace the aging E5 system I use for my NAS.

Decisions...decisions.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO

And this is why I recommend a phone order on cdw outlet items since they can allocate the stock on the phone when placing the order. Online orders have a separate allocation event that can happen whenever and you can miss out on a deal like this one. Lesson for the future--I had to learn it myself missing out on stuff a few times.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Seems to me my choices are to give my son or wife's more recent Ryzen desktops a big RAM boost they really dont need.....Or use it as justification to buy that X470/570 motherboard I've been wanting to replace the aging E5 system I use for my NAS.
In either of these installs, apparently the ram overclocks pretty nicely so you can easily hit 3600 and can possibly even tweak it up to 4000: ;)

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
Sadly, this isn't a case of Intel failing to update specs. They just don't work in my X11/E3 setup, or anything else that I'm running. Closest I come is my garage PC (AM4/A320) that will run on one stick, but not two. Seems like overkill though when all I use it for is watching movies while at the workbench out there.

Guess I should read the product spec pages more closely next time! :oops:

Decisions...decisions.
Yep, they are UDIMM - not RDIMMs. Will work fine for all Ryzen AMDs (all platforms, except Epycs). Works great even in my AsRock Rack X399D8A-2T, though I can only get 2933 Mhz XMP out that platform whereas my AsRock Tachi X399 easily picks 3200 Mhz from XMP and runs with them. Same 128GB (4x 32GB UDIMM ECC b-die), same 2950X, etc.

Even some Intel 8th/9th gen Xeons and even a couple i3s, like my i3-8350k in my router.

I have a server that can use 6x of these awesome deals, if you want to sell any (same goes for anyone in this thread that bought UDIMM, and can only use RDIMM and wants to get rid of them). :D

In either of these installs, apparently the ram overclocks pretty nicely so you can easily hit 3600 and can possibly even tweak it up to 4000: ;)
I have the same 4x 32GB B-die 3200 Mhz UDIMM sticks in my TR4 (Threadripper 2 2950X) - ordered from eBay. It was dead easy to overclock to 3600 with a voltage bump and 3200 timings. I'm running them at 3200 Mhz stock now though, as I value absolute stability over superficial increases (when I am limited to LUNs and PCIe 3.0 instead).

Reactions: Samir and Almighty

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Yep, they are UDIMM - not RDIMMs. Will work fine for all Ryzen AMDs (all platforms, except Epycs).
Oh, I knew they were UDIMMS, I just misread my motherboard specs on capacity. I only had a couple minutes before going into a meeting, saw max RAM was 64GB, so ordered two sticks. But didn’t notice that max per module was 16GB (c236 + Sky/Kaby Lake E3).

I tried it anyway and while BIOS reported all 64GB (clocked down to 2133), memtest hung about 20 seconds in.

My one Ryzen system (A320 + R5 1400) didn’t recognize it at all. But to be fair to AMD, MSI’s motherboard specs were Max RAM of 32GB & max module of 16GB. Guess I have the one Ryzen motherboard that won’t work

OTOH, my Wife’s and son’s Ryzen desktops are newer (B550 & B450) and will both go to 128GB on 32GB modules according to ASRock & MSI. So I (should) have a home for those modules, even if it’s not the one I originally though!

Edit: my own desktop is an i5-12600k in a Z690 board. I wonder if this RAM would work there in non-ECC mode?

Last edited:

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
Edit: my own desktop is an i5-12600k in a Z690 board. I wonder if this RAM would work there in non-ECC mode?
Can't speak of that combo. But I've used DDR4 and DDR4 ECC UDIMM modules in several non-ECC systems. Either motherboard or CPU (or both) lacking the implementation.

They all ran fine in non-ECC. As a matter of fact, my kiddo is running my old X79 Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition with an E5-1680V2 - on 8x 8GB ECC UDIMMs. The motherboard doesn't have the ECC implementation, so it runs in non-ECC. Memtest and memtest+ both ran for > 24 hours each just fine.

Reactions: Markess and Samir

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
One of the thing that has been brought to my attention from the HF thread is that there were A LOT of modules (41+) bought only for the purpose of throwing them up on ebay and profiting. :mad::mad: This is NOT what these deals are for because I could do that myself, and probably will just buy out lots in the future to keep deals out of scalpers hands. Here's the sellers that have been brought to my attention:

Many of you that couldn't get modules are because of these people, so keep this in mind when on ebay.

Smedwardd

Jul 23, 2020
I actually just checked the product page on mobile earlier and it shows that it is still in stock @ $28.99. On desktop it says to call to request pricing however.

Was able to order another stick to fill up my ec200a. Got a shipping notice ~2 hours later.

VogonPogo

Apr 7, 2019
I actually just checked the product page on mobile earlier and it shows that it is still in stock @ $28.99. On desktop it says to call to request pricing however.

Was able to order another stick to fill up my ec200a. Got a shipping notice ~2 hours later.
Thanks for that, worked for me as well on mobile.

bambinone

Dec 26, 2020
Chicago, Illinois
Just wanted to write THANK YOU. I was about to drop an absolutely unconscionable amount of money for some ECC UDIMMs on the QVL for the ASRock Rack X570D4U. These were cheap enough to roll the dice—although I wish I'd known about the phone option to save a bit on shipping—and they work great. What a relief, and it makes me feel a bit better about the (also absolutely unconscionable) amount of money I spent on the motherboard itself...

Last edited:

Glock24

May 13, 2019
I just saw this, it says item is backordered. Anyone knows of they'll restock again?

I want to replace my E5-2650v2/128GB server with a Broadwell EP or Ryzen, would prefer Ryzen for lower power and higher single core performance but RAM pricing for DDR4 ECC UDIMM is way higher than DDR4 RDIMM. This deal would make the Ryzen a no brainer.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Will work fine for all Ryzen AMDs (all platforms, except Epycs).
My one Ryzen system (A320 + R5 1400) didn’t recognize it at all. But to be fair to AMD, MSI’s motherboard specs were Max RAM of 32GB & max module of 16GB. Guess I have the one Ryzen motherboard that won’t work
My apologies to @eduncan911! I'd thought the RAM didn't work in my particular Ryzen system. But, after a bunch of testing and component swapping with my son's system, it appears my motherboard had just picked that moment to loose a memory channel.

Or...equally likely for me, I did something stupid without knowing it and I killed it. :rolleyes:

Dead motherboard? Time for an upgrade! ;)

Almighty

Oct 27, 2019
Anyone have success running these in an Intel W580 board (like the Supermicro X12SCA-5F) along with W-1200 or W-1300 series Xeon CPU?

PrimeXFN

Mar 4, 2019
Anyone have success running these in an Intel W580 board (like the Supermicro X12SCA-5F) along with W-1200 or W-1300 series Xeon CPU?
You mean the pickiest motherboard known to mankind? LOLOLOL.

I bought some of this RAM but I've not tried it in my W580/ -5F boards. I wouldn't hold my breath on it working.