$320 FS 800GB Intel DC S3700 2.5 SSDSC2BA800G3R

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ExpensiveToys

Dec 1, 2015
Dell branded drive so software crippled? If this is your listing could you post drive benchmarks and amount of writes?
Not my listing. I just post deals that I think are of use to this community.

As far as Dell firmware compatibility and/or upgrade issues, please research before you buy.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Dell branded drive so software crippled? If this is your listing could you post drive benchmarks and amount of writes?
fyi - These show "6Gbps" on them so speed shouldn't be crippled, but you'll need Dell Card to read the drive info completely.

aj84

Oct 28, 2015
Germany
fyi - These show "6Gbps" on them so speed shouldn't be crippled, but you'll need Dell Card to read the drive info completely.
Did Dell modify the SMART Output?

Is it possible to flash these dell branded Intel SSDs with the Intel stock Firmware?

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
You don't get the usage in SMART on dell drives unless you have a dell controller.

I've never seen anyone flash the Dell SSD to Intel, but maybe ?

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
Heh, I found this when it was posted last night and sent the seller a BIN request for lower price... he hasn't answered. $320 seems like decent, but not screaming price on this. I'm tempted to pick one up.

I hadn't realized the difference between the Dell branded and OEM drives. I have a PERC H200 that I flashed to vanilla LSI card. Would I need to run it with actual PERC firmware to be able to read the SMART data? Just throwing it into a regular Optiplex wouldn't allow me to access, right?