3080 ETH mining?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

josh

Oct 21, 2013
Hey guys,

Completely new to this so bear with the dumb questions.

My local Amazon drops 3080 Gaming X Trios in bulk daily @ MSRP. I have been able to scoop a handful of them up at that price and they ship out within a week.

At current prices it's supposed to return ~$200 a month after electricity costs. I'd be able to recover the costs in about 5 months.

Is is worth to build a mining rig with the cards or should I just sell them off at a slight profit and buy the coin directly?

Would love to hear from people who have built multi-card mining rigs.

Thanks!

josh

Oct 21, 2013
The plan was to mine for 3-6 months then dump the card at 80-50% of cost

Babbage

Feb 17, 2021
It's at $1,800 for 1 ether now. In 3 years I expect it to hit $10,000 for 1 ether.
5x investment for 3 years time.

Babbage

Feb 17, 2021
ehh I expect polkadot to take over and replace eth. The brains from eth went to that token.
Yeah, I was aware that 1 Etherum founder went there, were there more?

Did you purchase a bunch of polkadot? I actually suggested a coworker buy it in December. It's only up 10000% since then...

josh

Oct 21, 2013
No worries. I take it theres not a lot of anti-bot on amazon? I should probably not use my existing account for this?
I get quite a lot of captchas if I refresh the item page too much and it gets worse if you don't fill in the captchas. I did not add auto checkout because I didn't want to risk my account by logging in.

Reactions: funkywizard