3.84TB Micron 5100 (sata)

maes

Nov 11, 2018
The last 3 drives this seller has sold have sold for $264, $302, $262.
They also started at considerably higher, so I was surprised to see that one start for so little. Someone might get lucky, $260 for 3.84TB is still decent.

Of course only reason I'm not going for it is because I managed to get my hands on a 7.68 SAS3. :cool:

Reactions: itronin and Samir

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
They also started at considerably higher, so I was surprised to see that one start for so little. Someone might get lucky, $260 for 3.84TB is still decent.

Of course only reason I'm not going for it is because I managed to get my hands on a 7.68 SAS3. :cool:
Yep, definitely still decent for the goods. Super cool you landed an 8TB. :) Those 15TB ones make my mouth water until I see the price, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: FlorianZ

hmw

Apr 29, 2019
Scored 7 of the 7.68TB Micron 5100's for ~ $400 ea. Drives are a mix of HP OEM and retail Micron's. OEM Microns don't support all the SMART attributes that the retail ones do. Sequential and read performance is great both - large and 4K. But when it comes to write speeds: 4K write is all over the place, especially with the latest firmware. I'd be careful when applying firmware updates - it's not possible to downgrade firmware from the latest releases and also OEM drives don't take kindly to retail firmware. That one looks like an OEM ...

• Wow
Reactions: Sacrilego and Samir

tozmo

Feb 1, 2017
Scored 7 of the 7.68TB Micron 5100's for ~ $400 ea. Drives are a mix of HP OEM and retail Micron's. OEM Microns don't support all the SMART attributes that the retail ones do. Sequential and read performance is great both - large and 4K. But when it comes to write speeds: 4K write is all over the place, especially with the latest firmware. I'd be careful when applying firmware updates - it's not possible to downgrade firmware from the latest releases and also OEM drives don't take kindly to retail firmware. That one looks like an OEM ...
Where/when?

Reactions: Samir