2U Server Case for 8x+ 2.5" HDD/SSD's SFF with vertical disk trays

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Hi,

after some months of digging around, asking well experienced friendly guys, reading tons of catalogs, googling and bothering people on trading platforms with emails asking how long the server case is, here's my final question in this forum.

Does anyone know a server case with 8x or more 2.5" HDD/SSD vertical disk trays with a maximum depth of 600mm (60cm)?

I don't expect a 'yes I know one', but if you don't ask and you don't try ....

Thank you in advance and have a nice weekend.

Regards

Mike

Last edited:

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
The SuperMicro SC113M series support 8 2.5" drives and is 507mm deep. There are multiple variants depending on PSU and backplane. They are common to find used on eBay and are still available new if you prefer.

See here for the current production models: 1U Chassis | Chassis | Products - Super Micro Computer, Inc.. There are other configurations found on the used market.
Thank you for the suggestion. I know the SC113M and they are very nice. But I thought more about vertical disk trays. Also I'm looking for 2U server cases. I should have made it more clear. Thought about an SM 213A-R720LPB I found on eBay. But they are still > 400EUR in used condition in EU and it's still > 600mm (60cm).

what's a "disk trail"?
I edited the thread and everything else in regards to 'trails'. I was searching for rack trails the whole evening and it seems it was still sticking in my head at ~1am in the morning. Thanks for the heads up.

Regards

Mike