2683v4 BIOS + memory population

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gtech1

May 27, 2019
I have an X10DRW-iT motherboard with 2 x 2683v4 CPUs and 4 x 32Gb Hynix RAM.

#1. In the BIOS, CPU1 under CPU Configuration -> CPU ID , it prints the ID with a * at the end. Does anyone know what that's for ?

#2. What is the correct memory population with 2 CPUs and 4 DIMMS ? I put it in slots A / B for CPU1 and E / F for CPU2

Reason I'm asking is that on the A/B slots I get random memory errors at boot. Either Memory Training Error or Uncorrectable Memory at location.
Motherboard sees both CPUs but only 65Gb of RAM

Usually this would mean the CPU is bad - I already moved the DIMMS around and error remains on A / B - but I find that very unlikely since it's brand new.

I also found a forum post on another board saying you have to populate A B C D slots first, but that doesn't make much sense...

gtech1

May 27, 2019
Answering my own post :)

The * after the CPU ID is to differentiate which one is CPU 1 .. even though it says so in the column above. This is according to SMC

Also the issue went away after I downgraded the RAM speed to 2133 Mhz. Not sure why, it's supposed to work @ 2400Mhz, even SMC says so, but I didn't have luck with it