256GB on Supermicro A2SDi-H-TF

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
@goon369 that’s really interesting that it works, didn’t expect that.

Don’t know if we see the new Aton cores available in embedded boards , would be super interested in them and also waiting for the new icelake Xeon-D’s that will be available next year, X12SDV-8C is listed in an OS comparability page on the SM site which is promising.

goon369

Nov 4, 2021
Yeah I still haven't got an answer on what that setting actually does. but one thing that I noticed in this process is that the IPMI did not correctly detect the Max Capable Speed of the RAM. before the change it showed 2666 MHz post change it showed 2933 MHz.

I'll see how stable the board is long term. I plan on using it as a ESXi server(More RAM heavy apps than CPU) The reason why I bought it was to cap the upper power draw while running under max CPU load and less BTU's.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Yeah I still haven't got an answer on what that setting actually does.
This item controls the SDRAM command rate. Select 1N makes SDRAM signal controller to run at "1N" (N=clock cycles) rate. Selecting "2N" makes SDRAM signal controller run at "2N" rate.

AlphaInc.

Jul 11, 2022
Hey,
This post is a little old but have you found a fix yet? I'm having the exact same issue that you had and haven't found a solution (either)