24 ports CAT6A patch panel

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

986box

Oct 14, 2017
Where do you order your patch panel from? My current panel patch is having issues with a number of ports. At times it negotiate under 100mbps, thus it will not establish connection. Tried different cables and it did not fix the issue.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
That kind of problem is usually due to an open pair. Get a simple cable tester first and make sure everything is wired solid. Your fix could be as simple as re-punching one or more wires on the back of the patch panel.

That said - monoprice.com is a solid source if you do need to replace it.

986box

Oct 14, 2017
The panel is from monoprice and had tried redoing punchdown twice. It is still iffy when I had to touch the connection due to maintenance.

Skud

Jan 3, 2012
I’ve purchased a number of monoprice panels over the years and never had an issue. If it is a bad panel then it’s probably just a fluke.

Speaking of fluke... do you have a cable tester? That should tell you right away what the issue is. Even a simple wire map tester would show you as you wiggle the panel around.

Also, some NICs and switches have built in testing capabilities. Maybe poke around your equipment and see which ones do. I think the intel NICs should.

Riley

986box

Oct 14, 2017
I have a basic tester and it did show not all the pins have continuity for the affected ports. 2 ports show pin 8 has continuity. Currently all ports to the 1 room are affected.

986box

Oct 14, 2017
Swap out the monoprice half U entegrade panel for the 1U panel with individual jacks. Old style is still much reliable.