24-Port Cisco Topspin 10Gb Infiniband Switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Just saw another seller has a few Topspin 120's for sale at $299.99 with free shipping and best offer activated. Generally you can get these including shipping for $250 or less.

24-port 10Gb Infiniband switch that runs Subnet Manager. Although nowhere near as good as the $100 40Gb card deal recently, you can generally get 10Gb Infiniband cards for sub $40 for dual port cards. If you have a bunch of servers this is a fairly inexpensive/ easy way to setup a fast network on the cheap.

If anyone gets a good OBO price, may be worth posting for others to see.

dba

Feb 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
It's tempting, but I'm holding out for a QDR (40Gb/S) switch. I saw an eight-port one for $500 some time ago but moved too slowly and missed it.

Why is Infiniband so much cheaper than 10Gb Ethernet on eBay I wonder?

Just saw another seller has a few Topspin 120's for sale at $299.99 with free shipping and best offer activated. Generally you can get these including shipping for $250 or less.

24-port 10Gb Infiniband switch that runs Subnet Manager. Although nowhere near as good as the $100 40Gb card deal recently, you can generally get 10Gb Infiniband cards for sub $40 for dual port cards. If you have a bunch of servers this is a fairly inexpensive/ easy way to setup a fast network on the cheap.

If anyone gets a good OBO price, may be worth posting for others to see.

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
It's tempting, but I'm holding out for a QDR (40Gb/S) switch. I saw an eight-port one for $500 some time ago but moved too slowly and missed it.

Why is Infiniband so much cheaper than 10Gb Ethernet on eBay I wonder?
Infiniband is a bit harder to setup and compatibility is a bit rougher. If you colo a box in a datacenter you are getting an Ethernet port to the provider in the vast majority of cases.