20TB hard drive for $295

Good deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I just asked a few questions using their help chat and this is what they came back with:
Canned response if ever there was one. I think it's safe to assume that all sellers on eBay will lie to make a sale. Buying used drives is like playing Russian roulette, sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. I've bought many drives from eBay that turned out to be jewels and I've bought many drives that turned out to be rocks. Price is always the deciding factor for me. If it's low enough to justify the risk I go for it.

Just a short story. I recently bought a 4TB 12G hard drive from eBay. The eta came and went and tracking showed the shipper hadn't received the drive. Rather than open a case with ebay I messaged the seller and he responded with a full refund, no word of explanation, just a full refund. 3 day's later the drive showed up and it was a pristine low mileage jewel. I messaged the seller asking how he wanted me to pay for it and his response was -

hi, thanks and glad it finally arrived. Don't worry about payment.
It don't get any better. :)

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
I've gotten a different refurb drive from water panther. The markings on the drive make me think the actual refurbishment was done by Seagate. However it was still only warrantied through water panther.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
It used to be that HD's refurbed by Seagate had a green border around the label and were clearly marked as refurbed. I have several of them that are old as dirt and still perfect.