2020 - Show off your Home Office / Desk Area

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
Since many of us are working remote, I figure i start a thread on home office/desk setups.
Feel free to include images and description of items.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
I recently upgraded my home office over the last 3 months so a lot of this setup is new for me.

I finally went with an uplift Desk. (UPL960-black-lam-72x30). It is on casters and i can move it around as needed. Its also height adjustable which when working 9 hrs a day is great on the back. I rotate between yoga ball and standing.

I recently upgraded my monitor setup, I had originally a Samsung curved 43 inch tv as a main screen and dell 34 ultrawide from 2015 i believe and another dell 20 inch for side. I upgraded my video card to 2080 TI to run multiple monitors. The old setup ran off the laptop directly and i ran out of ports. With the new card, I now run 3-4 screens plus the laptop screen.
The upgrades are as follows:
Video Card: MSI RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO - graphics card - GF RTX 2080 Ti - 11 GB - great card, never hear the fans running.
Main monitors: Two Dell UltraSharp 38 Curved Monitors (U3818DW). I can overclock these monitors to 90 hz at full resolution.
Side Monitor: Dell UltraSharp 27 4K Monitor (U2718Q) -Doesnt overclock.
Gaming screen: I went with a LG 55" Class - C9 Series - 4K UHD OLED TV. I have a 2- FT HDMI cable and the TV is on a rolling stand, so i use the TV for gaming on the comfy chair outside my office. Since the TV is on rolling stand, i can move it where ever which is actually super use full as i use it for monitor when doing ZOOM meetings now.

I upgrade my Keyboard and mouse to Logitech G915 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Linear) and Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse W/ Hero 16K Sensor, 140+ Hour with Rechargeable Battery and Lightsync RGB. I went with a lower model but Logitech keyboard and mouse and sent them back, even though these are expensive, i love them. I run them plugged in when at my desk then unplug and wireless when gaming on comfy chair.

Finally upgrade was for sound and i went with Monolith by Monoprice MM-5 Powered Multimedia Speakers. I dont use these all the time as they are loud, but when i do use them i enjoy the sound. First pair of somewhat high end (to me) speakers i had in a long time. Prior i was using the Samsung TV for all sound.

My disclaimer:I work from home 100% of the time and as a self employed consultant, these items are business expenses for my company. I pretty much spent the year budget on the office upgrades. :eek:

20200402_151446.jpg 20200402_151543.jpg 20200402_151642.jpg

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
I recently upgraded my monitor setup, I had originally a Samsung curved 43 inch tv as a main screen and dell 34 ultrawide from 2015 i believe and another dell 20 inch for side. I upgraded my video card to 2080 TI to run multiple monitors. The old setup ran off the laptop directly and i ran out of ports. With the new card, I now run 3-4 screens plus the laptop screen.
The upgrades are as follows:
Video Card: MSI RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO - graphics card - GF RTX 2080 Ti - 11 GB - great card, never hear the fans running.
Nice! So is the 2080 Ti in an external GPU box connected to the laptop? If so, which box & connection type are you using? Is anything, other than the laptop screen itself, still connected to the internal 2080 in the laptop?

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Details of the laptop and aga is in this thread
Thanks for the detailed info! I was just thinking that if things last much longer on the "stay home" front, I'd start doing a lot more gaming. So, I'm exploring upgrade paths. Both my desktop/workstation and current laptop have CPUs up to the task. But a new(er) GPU is a definite possibility for either one and I'm just starting to look at eGPU options.