2-4 SATA 2.5" SSD in PCIE SLOT?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I know I've seen someone 3d-Print or sell these...

I can use onboard SATA ports, and am looking to mount 2 to 4 2.5" SSD in PCIE slot\area, technically could just be bracket to mount to chassis too, but seems like PCIE adapters were\are a thing I've seen in the past.

I have 1U servers I'm hoping to populate with 4x 3.5" HDD but I would also like to utilize 2 or 4 2.5" SSD internally too.... what's working for you?
(SATADOM is last resort due to capacity constraints)

I would also be fine with a PCIE Adapter that doesn't need SATA ports utilized, but feel this may be a lot more $$ than the budget for these allow.

rtech

Jun 2, 2021
Bracket from China you can put 3x 2.5 in this theoretically. Realistically just 2 but YMMV

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
MB839SP-B
Had no idea those existed! VERY COOL! Not for this, but saving for later :D

Bracket from China you can put 3x 2.5 in this theoretically. Realistically just 2 but YMMV

This is what I was hoping to find a $10-20$ bracket I could mount them too, and hookup sata\power separate, although power would be nice onboard :D I'm going to explore these and see if I can make them work or make my own!

Thanks everyone