1U UPSes and a POE injector

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lizardking009

Oct 16, 2013
Update: All networking is gone except for the POE injector. Price drop on UPSes. Added replacement battery links. Added another UPS.
Update: I've sold a few things and have others for sale. Also, make some offers. Buy my stuff.

Hi all,

I've accumulated a pile of switches and UPSes in the past few months. Also, want to finally sell the other Xeon-D tower.

Except where noted, US Shipping is included in these prices - UPS Ground or USPS First Class. If you want to pick up in the DFW area, I can do that too.

I do PayPal or cash on pickup.

1. Trendnet TPE-115GI Gigabit POE+ injector, $15 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BK4W8TQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • $5 if thrown in the box with another item.
2. Quantity 2 of CyberPower OR700LCDRM1U, $100 each - OR700LCDRM1U - Smart App LCD UPS Series - Product Details, Specs, Downloads | CyberPower
3. CyberPower OR500LCDRM1U, $105 - OR500LCDRM1U - Smart App LCD UPS Series - Product Details, Specs, Downloads | CyberPower
  • This one does have batteries, works fine, etc. Just don't need.
  • UPS has always been inside the house, so climate controlled.
  • I ordered this UPS in July 2020, so the batteries are in good shape.
4. NEW LISTING - APC Smart UPS 1500, $150 - https://excessups.com/apc-smart-ups-c-1500va-900w-lcd-tower-120v-smc1500-refurbished
  • Bought from excessups.com at the link above maybe 6 months ago.
  • Works great but I found a nearly new SmartUPS 3000 with battery pack on Craigslist so am using that for everything.
  • PREFER LOCAL PICKUP - on a map, I'm pretty much dead center of the DFW Metroplex so if you're nearby, it won't be far for either of us.
  • I will ship but I'll have to pass through the shipping charges as this will be nasty/expensive to pack well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. SOLD on eBay - Dell X1026, $60 - Networking X Series Switches : Networking & Switches | Dell USA
  • Has 24 copper ports, 2 dedicated SFP ports
  • Doesn't care about SFP brand (as far as I can tell)
  • Worked with a 10GBtek 10gb DAC at 1gb for crossconnect to the Dell X4012 above.
  • Half RU; includes the wide rack ears. I looked for the tandom bracket for this and the X4012, but no luck at a reasonable price.
  • Fanless
2. SOLD ON eBay - Mikrotik CRS326-24G-2S+RM, $120 - MikroTik
  • 24 copper ports, 2 SFP+ ports
  • Works with Cisco compatible SFP+ modules, haven't tried others.
  • PSU is external.
  • Running RouterOS right now.
3. SOLD on eBay - Netgear M4100-D12G/GSM5212, $50 - Amazon.com: Netgear ProSafe M4100-D12G GSM5212-100NES Managed Switch - 12 Ports - Manageable - 12 x RJ-45 - 2 x Expansion Slots - 10/100/1000Base-T - Desktop, Wall Mountable: Industrial & Scientific
  • The Netgear page for this model is showing wrong images.
  • 12 copper ports, 2 shared SFP ports
  • Not sure if SFP ports care about branding.
  • PSU is external.
  • Scratched up but works fine.

4. SOLD on STH forums - SuperMicro SYS-5028D-TN4T, $800 - 5028D-TN4T | Mini-ITX | SuperServers | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.
  • 64gb RAM
  • Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512gb
  • 2x Seagate XA480ME10063 500gb SATA Mixed-Use SSD (3 months old)
  • 4x SuperMicro 3.5" to 2.5" toolless trays
5. SOLD on ebay - Cisco SG500X-24-K9-NA, $150 - Cisco SG500X-24 24-Port GB with 4-Port 10-GB Stackable Managed Switch
  • Has 24 802.3at POE+ copper ports, 4 SFP+ ports
  • Not sure on SFP+, always used FS.com Cisco compatible or 10gbtek DACs
  • Has rackmount ears
  • Has 3 fans, I replaced with "silent" fans. The bearing are shot, so the switch needs fan replacements.
6. SOLD on STH - Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM, $275 - MikroTik
  • Has 16 SFP+ ports
  • Doesn't care about SFP+/SFP brands as far as i can tell.
  • Has fans but they really don't turn on unless its Texas outside hot.
  • Its a great switch, just shifted to Brocade for the home lab.
7. SOLD on STH - parts only - Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM, $50 - MikroTik
  • If you want this one for spare PSUs or whatever, I can ship with the above for $30 more.
  • Same switch as above, just doesn't work.
  • I bought this off r/homelabsales as used. Seller claims it was working when he shipped.
  • It appears the seller replaced the fans but not certain. One of the light pipes for the SFP+ modules is loose.
  • The switch powers up, does the LED dance on front like the working one.
  • The switch boots into the boot loader and starts requesting an IP with DHCP - this part of Mikrotik's failsafe for loading RouterOS.
  • It never finds a DHCP IP since no matter what I have tried, none of the ports will establish a link (Layer 1 failure) so I cannot load RouterOS.
  • Booting into SwOS works but no link there either.
  • If someone knows how to easily fix this but doesn't want to buy the switch: I'll sell the switch at a normal price and split 50/50 the proceeds with whoever helps, less my shipping costs. Respond to this post for public knowledge. (I don't expect anything but what the hell.)
8. SOLD on eBay - Dell X4012, $400 - https://www.servethehome.com/dell-x4012-12-port-10gbe-switch-review/
  • Has 12x SFP+ ports.
  • Doesn't care about SFP+/SFP brands as far as i can tell.
  • Worked with a 10GBtek 10gb DAC at 1gb for crossconnect to the Dell X1026 that I recently sold..
  • Half RU; includes the wide rack ears.
  • Has a fan, generally doesn't run but no promises.

Last edited:

lizardking009

Oct 16, 2013
Come on, surely someone needs a 10gb switch - Dell or Mikrotik, pick your poison!

Or a UPS for the lab wiring closet? I bet any of those UPSes could hold either of the switches for a couple hours.

lizardking009

Oct 16, 2013
Bump, surely someone needs a UPS for a switch or nuc. The Cyberpower's are light enough to mount on the wall with the right bracket.