1U Supermicro 815 rails not extending long enough

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JCH

Jan 2, 2017
Hi all,

I have a 815TQC-R504CB chassis with a rail kit that is pictured below. The problem with this rail kit is that it does not allow me to take off the lid when sliding the server out of the rack, but not taking it off the rails.

I need to be able to have the server slide out and fully clear the servers on top of it so I can take off the lid. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what rail kit to buy or anything? Thanks!

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
I don’t know the part# but there are inner rail extensions to the ones you have in the pic. I think the outer rail is still the same. So you would need to find and source the missing pieces. Let me see if I have any notes.

JCH

Jan 2, 2017
I don’t know the part# but there are inner rail extensions to the ones you have in the pic. I think the outer rail is still the same. So you would need to find and source the missing pieces. Let me see if I have any notes.
Wait! You're onto something! I think it's the rear inner piece that i'm missing...

SuperMicro CSE-PT51L 1U Rack Mount Inner Rail Only Set | eBay

I just bought this, which includes all of the inner pieces and the smaller piece, hopefully this'll work! Thank you!