1U server with space for 12 - 3.5" hard drives (+ 1- 2.5" hd) via eBay

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cduart

Apr 29, 2022
That CPU has no graphics, so if you aren't getting any signal from the VGA output, there must be some other issue. You can try the usual troubleshooting of course: reset the BIOS and the BMC to factory settings (the documentation at the link I posted should help with that). If you are using an adapter to convert from the VGA connector to HDMI or other non-VGA connector on the monitor, that can sometimes be an issue too.

If none of that works, you should be able to install a graphics card. To fit the card in your chassis you'll also need a 90 degree angle riser card. Almost any single slot wide graphics card will work.

If you aren't going to do any GPU Passthrough in a VM, then you won't even be using the graphics card after Unraid is installed, since everything will be via a browser on a different computer on your network. Since you only need the graphics card for a few minutes, you don't need anything expensive. You could even "borrow" one from a different system long enough to do the install, if you have one handy. The graphics card doesn't necessarily need to have a VGA connector of course, so pick something that has the same connector as your monitor to minimize the chances of any issues.
@Markess yesterday I Change my cable with a new VGA Connector, because I was using a Convert VGA-HDMI. and all work now!!! thanks for your support. Unraid now is working!!

Reactions: Markess

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
Seller just accepted $40, free s&h, for rails:

It said almost gone, so I figured I'd grab a set before they are lost forever.

Reactions: Fritz

spacebass

Jun 14, 2022
Has anyone gotten the IPMI to work at all? I'm trying to set my server up and I dont have a single monitor with a VGA port . I lost the better part of a day trying to get the IPMI virtual console to work. I tried JRE v7.x, Windows, Mac, Linux... different browsers... the works.

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
Has anyone gotten the IPMI to work at all? I'm trying to set my server up and I dont have a single monitor with a VGA port . I lost the better part of a day trying to get the IPMI virtual console to work. I tried JRE v7.x, Windows, Mac, Linux... different browsers... the works.
While I never got the board to work at all (a kind STH member donated one to our school, the board was dead already), generally if the BMC supports the IPMI protocol, then you can reset the IPMI using any Linux LiveISO and installing ipmitool in the live environment. Most of the time (some HPs don't comply to it, and there was one or two others).

spacebass

Jun 14, 2022
While I never got the board to work at all (a kind STH member donated one to our school, the board was dead already), generally if the BMC supports the IPMI protocol, then you can reset the IPMI using any Linux LiveISO and installing ipmitool in the live environment. Most of the time (some HPs don't comply to it, and there was one or two others).
Got it - that's helpful. But it sounds like I won't be able to do remote KVM with the current software or once I flash it. Is that accurate?
Now I have to source a VGA cable and adaptor :rolleyes: