1U Server Fan replacement.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ideabox

Dec 11, 2016
Hey

So i got my hands on a Tesla S1070.
The fans are absolutely crazy loud there is 7 of them my 32sqm room becomes unbearable in all areas.

I would love to swap the fans out for maybe - NF-A4x10 FLX

By the way the plan is to install 4x 1060 6gb GPU's inside so i won't need that much airflow needed for the C2050's and the 1060's have there fans.

My issue is the fans currently run 8 wires... Does anyone know the pin out of them?

Many thanks in advance.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
My issue is the fans currently run 8 wires... Does anyone know the pin out of them?
8-wire fans are normally a pair of counter-rotating 4-wire fans in a single housing. One of the fans uses the normal color wires, while the other fan uses a different set of colors (with the same functions). One warning - just because a wire is a specific color, does NOT indicate that the function of that wire is known. Here (PDF) is a listing of some of the variant options. What you really want to do is get the full part number of the original fan, then decode it, then go shopping for a quieter replacement with the same specs (other than noise). Note that 1RU fans (particularly these counter-rotating ones) tend to be very noisy. I've got boxes that power up with the fans at 32000RPM before settling down after booting. And it isn't the usual loud "whoosh", it is more like a scream.

Reactions: nonyhaha