1U 10sff supermicro X10SRH-CF - 185$

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rain

May 13, 2013
Seller already marked down to $148. 2.5" trays seem to be fairly available on eBay right now too (this wasn't always the case).

Based on the IP Address on the label in the first image, these appear to have been from Netflix.

Reactions: Samir

billbillw

Feb 5, 2018
I've been watching this auction. Do these motherboards work well if you take them out of the Supermicro case and put them into a standard ATX Tower? I've been thinking of upgrading my old Dell T420 and I have a Fractal Define D4 sitting around unused. This board with an E5-2650L V4 4x16GB RDIMM is what I'm thinking. I do realize I need a narrow ILM heatsink (which was a discovery over the weekend).

Last edited:

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I've been watching this auction. Do these motherboards work well if you take them out of the Supermicro case and put them into a standard ATX Tower? I've been thinking of upgrading my old Dell T620 and I have a Fractal Define D4 sitting around unused. This board with an E5-2650L V4 4x16GB RDIMM is what I'm thinking. I do realize I need a narrow ILM heatsink (which was a discovery over the weekend).
No reason why it wouldn't work. I have a X10SRL-F in a Fractal Design R4 case. Just bear in mind that the X10SRH-CF doesn't have on board sound and being a server MB it takes longer to boot.

billbillw

Feb 5, 2018
No reason why it wouldn't work. I have a X10SRL-F in a Fractal Design R4 case. Just bear in mind that the X10SRH-CF doesn't have on board sound and being a server MB it takes longer to boot.
Thanks! It will be a headless server only, so sound is not needed. I'm looking at a few of these including a 1U LFF up in Canada. Neither have the CPU that I would want to keep, so that's not a deciding factor. The 1U LFF would be more useful to me in the fact that I could test everything and migrate my 4 disk ZFS Pool from the Dell before moving everything to the R4 case, which would likely need a bunch of new cables since I use SAS drives.

Reactions: Samir and Fritz

Sean Ho

seanho.com
Nov 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
seanho.com
In a case without backplane, 2x 8643-4x8482 breakout cables plus SATA power splitters. It's prudent to remove the 3.3v line from the power splitters (or Kapton tape the pins on the drives) to avoid SATA PWDIS issue.

Reactions: Samir and itronin

billbillw

Feb 5, 2018
In a case without backplane, 2x 8643-4x8482 breakout cables plus SATA power splitters. It's prudent to remove the 3.3v line from the power splitters (or Kapton tape the pins on the drives) to avoid SATA PWDIS issue.
I was looking at these: Mini SAS HDD SFF-8643 to 4 SFF-8482 Connector with Power Port Hard Drive 0.5M 1M | eBay
Any better recommendation?
I'm not sure what you mean about the PWDIS issue, so I'll have to do some searching.

EDIT: Did some quick checking. So the PWDIS concern is a concern with older power supplies that don't support it or vice versa? The PS I'm planning to use is a Corsair RM650X from around 2020 IIRC.

Last edited:

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I also have 2 X10SRH-CF MB's. One is a TrueNAS box and the other is running Windows Server 2012 R2. Both are rock solid. Highly recommend this model.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
i used to run 4 of these boards, love how they have that integrated sas (with esxi7/8 support) so not needing to use a lane for that.

im torn between making a 100$/ea offer for another stack of these to use them again or getting epycs.
Can sell the cases by themself for about that again localy here.

billbillw

Feb 5, 2018
Or just use the models with molex power connectors instead of sata. :p
My PS only has 4 Molex outputs and at least one is used for the front case fans. It would be nice if someone could make a SFF-8643 to 4x8482 that had a single Molex for all 4 drives. Can't seem to find anything like that.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
My PS only has 4 Molex outputs and at least one is used for the front case fans. It would be nice if someone could make a SFF-8643 to 4x8482 that had a single Molex for all 4 drives. Can't seem to find anything like that.
Yeah that is gone be 1 molex or 1 sata per drive and use a splitter if you dont have enough plugs to spare.

billbillw

Feb 5, 2018
Yeah that is gone be 1 molex or 1 sata per drive and use a splitter if you dont have enough plugs to spare.
The OEMs make cables like I am describing. My current Dell poweredge has a single power connector for 4 drives. I might be able to hack something like that, re-terminating the power end for a Molex.