$199(US) - Chenbro NR40700 4U 48-Bay Storage Chassis w/Rails & PSupplies

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Geran

Oct 25, 2016
If only Unraid supported more than 30 drives (not including cache drives or unassigned drives).

Firebug24k

Apr 12, 2017
Mine just arrived to Hawaii, pretty quick shipping, and it's MINT. It came in the original unopened factory packaging, completely sealed. Screws, accessories, power supplies, rails, all brand new. Fooking heavy though, I had to carry the 100LB box up two flights of stairs. But I'm very pleased, unlike one of the other vendors who sells this thing with poor packaging this one is perfect.

Even has all the original peel off plastic protectors on all the metal pieces.

AMA

Shane

Aug 4, 2018
Yeah mine was in perfect condition too, of course for $110 shipping it should be :). I printed out the drive rails, but removing them leaves alot to be desired. I have tried a couple LFF drive trays but none of them work. If anyone finds a compatible tray please let me know.

IBM 25R8864 doesnt work, and 3.5" Apollo 4200 I can confirm do not work. They basically mount to close to the edge, where the chenbro rails sit more in the middle of the drive.

Mine just arrived to Hawaii, pretty quick shipping, and it's MINT. It came in the original unopened factory packaging, completely sealed. Screws, accessories, power supplies, rails, all brand new. Fooking heavy though, I had to carry the 100LB box up two flights of stairs. But I'm very pleased, unlike one of the other vendors who sells this thing with poor packaging this one is perfect.

Even has all the original peel off plastic protectors on all the metal pieces.

AMA

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
I would argue that the bottom part of the tray is even more important than the top one. As it serves as a guide for the drive insertion.
As for the removal part - just screw a piece of strap to each drive. I used pieces of PET packing straps.

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
Did you ever find drive trays for these? I have tons and plenty of spare parts. 2 of my chassis had a close encounter with a plumbing leak, cooked 16 4tb drives and 1 of the expander boards. I have tons of trays for these unused, I think 2 whole chassis worth. Send me a PM if your interested.

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
Did you ever find drive trays for these? I have tons and plenty of spare parts. 2 of my chassis had a close encounter with a plumbing leak, cooked 16 4tb drives and 1 of the expander boards. I have tons of trays for these unused, I think 2 whole chassis worth. Send me a PM if your interested.
Thanks for all the interest, I sold all of the trays and expander boards. A few PSU left still and some misc parts. About to scrap the last case Wed Nov 20th.

muhfugen

Dec 5, 2016
Regarding the drive trays, from when i worked at CleverSafe we used these for some of our SliceStors. For some reason the hardware guys determined they were sensitive to the amount of torque applied to the screws, and had to get the VP of R&D to approve the purchase of a $800 torque limited electric screw driver for installing them in our lab/data center. This was several years ago and i dont recall the exact reason but i think it had to do with vibration. And unfortunately i have no idea what the torque value was which we were using.