18U wall mount rack enclosure

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dms

Feb 20, 2014
Received an email from the vendor today. They apologized for sending the wrong item and offered an eighteen dollar refund or they would pay for return shipping. I took the refund. Still seems like a good deal.

dms

Feb 20, 2014
I think it has been said, but I must say it again, the instructions are lacking! Also some slight damage, a couple of dings and chipped paint. About wha you would expect from the box it was packed in. I think I have the build figured out, but it is not intuitive . Once I get it built and mounted I will post a few pictures.

dms

Feb 20, 2014
Took me longer then I would like to admit to figure out the rail placement. If the instructions were better you could easily assemble this cabinet in 30-45 minutes. It appears the manufacturer is out of business, the web site listed on the instruction sheet does not exist.

You will need a 5mm allen key, 13mm wrench, and a philips screw driver for assembly. The couple of bent corners were early fixed with a rubber mallet.

As promised a picture of the completed box. It is sitting in my workshop till the weekend. Switch for scale.

IMG_5325.jpeg IMG_6249.jpeg

If any one gets one and needs a little help let me know.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
I think it has been said, but I must say it again, the instructions are lacking! Also some slight damage, a couple of dings and chipped paint. About wha you would expect from the box it was packed in. I think I have the build figured out, but it is not intuitive.
Assembly instructions attached.

Attachments

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
This looks barely able to hold a Cisco switch, hopefully people have short/half length networking gear.

dms

Feb 20, 2014
Can you provide real dimensions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Outside, inside, what dimensions do you want?

This looks barely able to hold a Cisco switch, hopefully people have short/half length networking gear.
I figured out after I built it I will have to move the front vertical racking pieces back in order to use premade network cables and avoid nasty bends.

Can the rear panel be removed or it is permanent with the chassis?
As Fritz said the rear panel does not need to be installed. I found the rear panel helped with squaring the cabinet.

I added two more pictures from the side showing the relative depth of the cabinet with the Cisco 3750G installed.

IMG_1014.JPG IMG_1015.JPG

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
I received the shipment yesterday. Markings said 18U. Will be opening and checking it when I get back home on Mon.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
I received mine and UPS did a number on the box. I still have yet to unpack it. The box says 18U but the model number is a 12U. For ~$40 shipped to me I'm happy with 12u for the future place.

wiretap

Jul 14, 2015
Michigan
Got mine assembled. It says 18U on the box, but definitely only has room inside for 12U. Assembly was not that bad, and it is pretty sturdy for the money paid. The glass door is nice. Mine came in perfect condition with no dings/dents/scrapes.

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
i got mine assembled as well but it seems like it will handle 18U worth of goodies in it... @wiretap what makes u think it cant hold 18U?

P.S. Like your Other Rack pretty nice!

Awesomesauce

Apr 20, 2016
Got mine assembled. It says 18U on the box, but definitely only has room inside for 12U. Assembly was not that bad, and it is pretty sturdy for the money paid. The glass door is nice. Mine came in perfect condition with no dings/dents/scrapes.

Looks like you're lucky, its actually 18u