18 TB WD Ultrastar DC HC550 @ $320

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
just an fyi - limit 60 per customer. HAHA! also a chance that while being WD 18 DC HC550 these may be OEM drives. There's another thread about that happening with this seller (Macsales / OWC) and the potential for warranty challenges.

Reactions: Samir and Almighty

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
The WD Reds (/Plus/Pro) got some (STH) critique lately.
Link? I'd like to read up on this.

just an fyi - limit 60 per customer. HAHA! also a chance that while being WD 18 DC HC550 these may be OEM drives. There's another thread about that happening with this seller (Macsales / OWC) and the potential for warranty challenges.
Link to thread?

I have one of these and while it is a grey market import from another region, WD warranty checker stated it had the full warranty and otherwise it seems owc would be backing them since mac people would tear them apart otherwise.

Jona

Dec 2, 2021
Massachusetts
n.ethz.ch
Link? I'd like to read up on this.

Link to thread?

I have one of these and while it is a grey market import from another region, WD warranty checker stated it had the full warranty and otherwise it seems owc would be backing them since mac people would tear them apart otherwise.
New drives

Endurance ratings

Reactions: Samir

Yarik Dot

Apr 13, 2015
I bought tens of these (SAS version WUH721818AL5204) a month ago for 330 USD per piece without VAT (EU) and 5y warranty. They are now 358 USD per piece.

My estimate is that the price will grow a little bit more.

Reactions: Samir and T_Minus