16TB SAS Seagate Exo $374 in CDW Outlet

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MountainDew

Oct 19, 2015
That's the outlet for you. It's why I always call and check the inventory by phone and place the order that way. Plus, I think there were more people that jumped on this than there were drives. If you send that drive back, it will end up in the outlet again, so I guess anyone still needing a drive can take yours.
How did you find these drives? Every time I try to look for them, it points me back to the original drive at full price.

David

Dec 31, 2015
Placed order for 2 drives last week - apparently successfully - and just today they say they are cancelling the order. This is the third time this has happened to me this year. No more CDW for me.

MountainDew

Oct 19, 2015
Placed order for 2 drives last week - apparently successfully - and just today they say they are cancelling the order. This is the third time this has happened to me this year. No more CDW for me.
I'm out as well. They seem to be content for listing items they might have available. Every time I tried, they pointed me to the original price hard drive... "It's 2019; why are you listing items for several days you don't have in stock, allowing your customers to place the order, and then cancel it 1-3 days later?" CDW: "That's just what we do..."

David

Dec 31, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if they over-book orders and then sorted them out a week later, giving the deals to their best corporate clients.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
That's why you should place outlet orders on the phone after confirming stock. Their normal orders are fine, so I wouldn't count out the whole company over outlet mishaps (which happen even to me).

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I'm out as well. They seem to be content for listing items they might have available. Every time I tried, they pointed me to the original price hard drive... "It's 2019; why are you listing items for several days you don't have in stock, allowing your customers to place the order, and then cancel it 1-3 days later?" CDW: "That's just what we do..."
If it's not showing in stock on an outlet item, it isn't coming back so that's the logical thing to do--point you to the normal item. Yeah, they are pretty bad about messing up fulfilling outlet orders if you place an order online, hence I always do it on the phone and verify stock--and even then it still can get botched.

But when it goes through you get hella deals so it's still worth it to me...

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I wouldn't be surprised if they over-book orders and then sorted them out a week later, giving the deals to their best corporate clients.
Nope, doesn't work like that at all. Its definitely first order first ship, and I'm sure these drives flew off the shelves in minutes of posting this as the prices were insane.

And if I never posted it, the drives probably would have never been bought and pulled for the liquidation pallet and then ended up on ebay 6mo later at $400/ea. I thought it better for someone here to get them instead. I wish I could have used them--then I would have just kept the deal for myself. :D

David

Dec 31, 2015
Every other on-line I seller I use can manage limited quantities. After years of buying stuff on-line, number of cancelled orders: CDW = 3; everyone else = 0. This is clearly a deliberate practice.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Every other on-line I seller I use can manage limited quantities. After years of buying stuff on-line, number of cancelled orders: CDW = 3; everyone else = 0. This is clearly a deliberate practice.
They do manage it--it's called out of stock once its ordered. This isn't their bread and butter stuff they sell, so they probably don't care as they get just as much from throwing it on a liquidation pallet as they do by having their own outlet. I'm glad to hear you've got other sources and if you're finding deals like these, definitely please share them for others.