16GB Intel M10 Optane M.2 SSD $15.50 New?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

thetoad

Feb 10, 2021
right, thats my thinking about it, but I'm not sure of a good way to secure it that its not seriously janky. my original point was that I can imagine that there would be a market for optane tech in seriously high endurance usb keys (i.e. 10k to 20k rewrites), not for the best performance.

Reactions: Markess

triples

Nov 2, 2019
Isn't 16gb version widely available for $10ish? There is no warranty anyway unless new with retail packaging.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
They seem to be about $20 each, so more expensive than the storage stick.
Find a new Nvme for 40US$ with this endurance and flexibility considering storage choices and the heavy logging eg. Proxmox is doing. With some boards, you have to buy NVMe PCIe adapter ranging ~20US$ as well. If the board doesn't have an NVMe slot, there's no other choice. As a simple and reliable OS drive, these are perfect.

Hmmm ... For non-US it's 15US$ and no shipping costs vs 10US$ and 15+US$ shipping costs.

Last edited:

Sean Ho

seanho.com
Nov 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
seanho.com
This listing is USD $10 + free shipping to US. Certainly, availability and pricing will be different elsewhere.

Here's a [PCIe m.2 M-key adapter for USD $6](https://www.ebay.com/itm/274523163711) + free US shipping from a known-good US seller. There are similar adapters for $3 from China, shipped free worldwide, which likely work just fine since they're essentially passive. The rear bracket isn't necessary; m.2 is very small and light. I have several NVMe sticks running on similar adapters.

unmesh

Apr 17, 2017
Find a new Nvme for 40US$ with this endurance and flexibility considering storage choices and the heavy logging eg. Proxmox is doing. With some boards, you have to buy NVMe PCIe adapter ranging ~20US$ as well. If the board doesn't have an NVMe slot, there's no other choice. As a simple and reliable OS drive, these are perfect.
I must have misunderstood since I thought the task was finding a high endurance bootable USB flash storage solution. I could use a few of those myself! If one has a bootable NVMe slot or even a PCIe slot available, then the solutions are more clearly at hand.

texteditor

Oct 8, 2019
I've got a handful I bought intended to use them for encrypted swap space on a few machines with extra pcie lanes. They aren't really worth the money or lane use though

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
I must have misunderstood since I thought the task was finding a high endurance bootable USB flash storage solution. I could use a few of those myself!
How about some from Transcend | Spezialist für Speicher- & Multimediaprodukte ? Sadly there Industrial one sell only via an "Embedded Distributor".

Back to the Intel in a recent Linus Video he use them as Boot Drive. The 64GB Variant sell for 1€/ GB (aka ~64€) marked as Brandnew.
Well I could need some new drive to. Does the run as Sata to since it seem the have both Slots for PCI-E and Sata?!
Thanks

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
  • Love
Reactions: Your name or

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Are the 16GB even worth to play with?
A PCI-E Port get blocked.
Like I said, they're to play with. Won't be used for anything critical or long term but that might change once I explore them further. They're sold as new so no big hurry. :p

nutsnax

Nov 6, 2014
Like I said, they're to play with. Won't be used for anything critical or long term but that might change once I explore them further. They're sold as new so no big hurry. :p
I'd only use these if I could string like 20 of them together on some kind of PLX card.

• Haha
Reactions: Sean Ho