14TB sata deal 4 or more for 103 USD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cw823

Jan 14, 2014
The DC models from WD tend to be the cheapest on eBay at about every capacity

Reactions: Samir

SPCRich

Mar 16, 2017
Serverpart deals is a similar price and comes with a longer warranty. I would trused their refurbished drives over used ebay ones.

2 yr warranty vs none. They will honor it too, just had to replace a drive that i had for 9 months thst started showing bad sectors.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
2 yr warranty vs none. They will honor it too, just had to replace a drive that i had for 9 months thst started showing bad sectors.
how did the RMA process work for you with serverpartsdeals? Time to replace? Which shipping did you have to pay?

Reactions: Samir and bvd

bvd

Jan 2, 2021
how did the RMA process work for you with serverpartsdeals? Time to replace? Which shipping did you have to pay?
I'm curious about this as well; I'd been buying all new drives for about the last 6-ish years or so, namely for the warranty... But the horde is growing faster than I'd anticipated, and in the process of re-architecting it all, came across server parts deals; if the warranty experience is relatively quick and painless, then I think I'm going to have to strongly consider going with their drives (used/refurb'd) at this point.

Seems like a solid seller, and havent seen much in the way of upset customers from em, so I was curious.

bvd

Jan 2, 2021
When I think of enterprise grade drives I think of SAS, not SATA.
For the longest time, NetApp *only* used SATA drives in their unified storage platform - idk if that's still the case or not, but ran that way for at least the ~10yrs I was around, running nearly every large enterprise one could think of. Think it''s more about the system/platform and how it utilizes that storage than the storage protocol itself, at least imo

Reactions: Samir and Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
For the longest time, NetApp *only* used SATA drives in their unified storage platform - idk if that's still the case or not, but ran that way for at least the ~10yrs I was around, running nearly every large enterprise one could think of. Think it''s more about the system/platform and how it utilizes that storage than the storage protocol itself, at least imo
I have a lot of NetApp drives and they're all SAS. Probably the only difference id the controller, the enards of the drives themselves are probably the same.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
I expect sata if its scale enterprise like SDS/cloud spinners with failure domain at host level in the design.
The added cost/consumption is not needed and nodes not always with a decent sas hba for same reason.

For something like a conventional SAN, commercial HCI or low host count enviroments i expect sas.

Reactions: Samir and bvd