$130+16 ship Dell C6100 Dual Port Mellanox ConnectX-2 VPI cards

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dba

Feb 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
Hi Patrick,

There is one problem with the cards in that auction: They don't include the metal frame that screws onto the motherboard sled. Compare the photo to the one in this completely overpriced auction:

Mellanox MCQH29 XDR 40GB s QDR Infiniband HBA JR3P1 for PowerEdge C6100 | eBay

If there is anyone who could use one of the mezzanine cards in the $130 auction, the ones missing the metal frame, I have two and can sell them for $75 each plus shipping - my mistake is your gain.

Saw these on ebay, looks like much more reasonable prices than we saw months ago. Dell Mellanox Connextx 2 VPI Dual Port 40GB s Infiniband HBA JR3P1 MCQH29 XDR | eBay

Fairly inexpensive for dual port nodes.

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Ah good point. I bet if you added it to the transaction notes you could get them off of the $130 auction though.

vv111y

May 6, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
... If there is anyone who could use one of the mezzanine cards in the $130 auction, the ones missing the metal frame, I have two and can sell them for $75 each plus shipping - my mistake is your gain.
Hey dba, why not just use anything to act as a substitute and keep the cards? It doesn't need to be very strong does it?