12U UCoustic rack

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bradford

May 27, 2016
I have a local guy selling a 12U UCoustic rack (10 years old) - he's asking 1750 but I got him down to 1000, but still not sure if I want it at that price. I know it's huge, heavy, have to disassemble it, but having the option to not really worry about noisy servers is appealing. I am thinking of giving him an offer of $500 and walking away if he isn't interested. I know that since it's such a rare piece of equipment coupled with not many people even want one, it's hard to figure out what it's value is. I guess I'm worried that I'll spend a bunch of money on it and I will hate it because it's huge and heavy and difficult to move.

Any of you have one of these? Are they any good?

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
Brand new cost - (fair depreciation + condition from brand new) ?

Of course the market factors of demand and supply errode the logic of the above :)

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
If going by fairly normal business practises, it loses around $600 in value per year. Max planned life for it, would have been based around the 5-6 year mark. Beyond that, what's left, is basically scrap value. As a personal sale, $500 is likely a little on the low side, especially given how niche something like this is and how likely it will be to find another for sale locally for similar money, more so if it's in good condition. But as a business sale, that's pretty much all it's worth, even if it were to be in pristine condition.

It's always a tough call between offending someone by an accidental lowball that you would rather keep as a contact/ source, or being brutally honest with them and letting the dice roll, especially if you actually want the damned thing :)

All that being said, it's a nice little mobile rack ;)