12Gb/s ServeRAID M5210 SAS/SATA Controller - $135.40

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
New message from: triathlonccus (149)

Hello, I'm really sorry. It looks like there was an error and this item got automatically re-listed even through it's sold out. Unfortunately we are out of stock and won't b able to fulfil this order. I'll go ahead and process your refund. Once again I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Best Regards,
Julia
Triathlon Computers

izx

Jan 17, 2016
"automatically"-- hard to imagine for multiple lots of a non-regularly stocked item.

Hypothetically, I wonder whether one could throw the binding contract spiel the other way.

Emulsifide

Dec 1, 2014
Well that blows! I hope the same thing doesn't happen to me. I got a tracking number, but it's not showing up in FedEx's system yet.

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
Yea but maybe something good will come of it like ppl cross flash threads and all functional info that's missing

Kal G

Oct 29, 2014
Anybody else notice that the pictures on this show two different cards? The first picture shows two SFF-8643 connectors and a cache daughtercard, but the second only shows one SFF-8643 connector and no daughtercard. The first should be the M5210. Does anybody recognize the second?

Last edited:

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
Already left the house or I'd have taken a picture. In the link, the first pic is correct, the second is NOT the m5210.

There are two vertical sff-8643 connectors, but the connector for the daughter board runs horizontally across the top of the board. Notable, as most of the LSI rebrands seem to have a vertical format. There should also be a blue plastic bracket/retaining clip for the daughter card.

Likewise, if you have a daughterboard and super cap as backup, the connector is different than the one I used on my 9286 card. (In the deal I got, I ended up buying a cable off eBay instead of asking the seller to send the correct one. Was about $10.) It connects to the daughter board.

Cable pic/link/part number:
Cache Battery Cable IBM Part 46C9789

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
Anybody else notice that the pictures on this show two different cards? The first picture shows two SFF-8643 connectors and a cache daughtercard, but the second only shows one SFF-8643 connector and no daughtercard. The first should be the M5210. Does anybody recognize the second?
The second one is the adaptec card they showed on ebay.