100GB SAS Enterprise SSD Sandisk Optimus Extreme $49.99+$5 s/h

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
Last edited:

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Wish they were SATA, easy to throw those in the mix... :D

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Must...look...away. Was hovering the buy button but b|tched out. Maybe tomorrow, not as if I need more, was thinking of this insane idea about nested vSAN w/ 3x vESXi nodes w/ HBA's passed through and using my hussl4020 dev's as capacity and these 100GB sas drives as cache.

Inception commences, it'd be a tiny vSAN but a POC/theory thing more/less.

EDIT: SH|T my curiosity got the best of me...I got 3...@ $50 I'll roll the dice...always wanted to try out some sandisk ent-class ssd's...they look like incredible endurance...45DWPD (WOW) and seriously overprovisioned (double LBA size). Hope they come w/ PLP as well, anyone know abt that? (reading pdf still, saw enough goodness that I jumped)

Guess I have a way to test vSphere upgrades end-to-end (vCenter, ESXi, vSAN, etc.) all nested prior to real upgrades.

THANKS! :-D

Last edited:

Quasduco

Nov 16, 2015
Tennessee
Must...look...away. Was hovering the buy button but b|tched out. Maybe tomorrow, not as if I need more, was thinking of this insane idea about nested vSAN w/ 3x vESXi nodes w/ HBA's passed through and using my hussl4020 dev's as capacity and these 100GB sas drives as cache.

Inception commences, it'd be a tiny vSAN but a POC/theory thing more/less.

EDIT: SH|T my curiosity got the best of me...I got 3...@ $50 I'll roll the dice...always wanted to try out some sandisk ent-class ssd's...they look like incredible endurance...45DWPD (WOW) and seriously overprovisioned (double LBA size). Hope they come w/ PLP as well, anyone know abt that? (reading pdf still, saw enough goodness that I jumped)

Guess I have a way to test vSphere upgrades end-to-end (vCenter, ESXi, vSAN, etc.) all nested prior to real upgrades.

THANKS! :-D
From their data sheet - "EverGuard Technology protects against loss of user data in the event of unexpected power interruptions using a 3rd generation backup power circuit design and high- reliability discrete capacitors."

Reactions: whitey

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
Oh and just a heads up I did say 3 "per account" I wanted to make sure they shipped first but I did put in 2x orders of 3 with different accounts to the same name and address. Not sure what I am going to do with them all but I really wanted 4 for a RAID10 figured I could find something to do with 2 more (or just do 6 drive RAID 10).

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
nice find but this is limited to USA only. :-(
Apparently you can link your Amazon account:
Woot FAQ

Also you could consider setting up an account with a freight forwarders like 'shipito' or 'myusa' and get a USA address that way. Consider which US address you use, some states like California and Nevada charge tax on purchases. Also whether goods have electrostatic wrapping, if you want shipping insurance then photos of goods are needed.

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
Well this is interesting. I got mine in today. Looks like they are IBM branded manufactured by Sandisk. Labeled as SATA and it has a SATA connector not SAS. Thinking I am probably going to send them back unless I can find a spec sheet that shows me a reason to keep them.

So I looked and couldn't find any real info but maybe someone else can.
P/N SDLGEE8M-100G-1H51
Model TE22D1
IBM logo
Manufactured by Sandisk.

IMG_20160326_161157 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: abq

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
Yeah looks like these are 3-7 DWPD and much lower write speeds I don't think I would take these even at a discount. Maybe it was just mis-packed but I did have 2 separate orders that are identical. Also the packing slip does match the IBM drives. So looks like woot has posted the wrong information.

abq

May 23, 2015
Ouch! ...I don't have mine yet, so maybe not too late to refuse shipment. Or any chance they can replace with the real version?

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
Don't know if they will replace them with the correct ones. My guess is no. I doubt they even have the advertised drives. Oh and these where shipped by a 3rd party "Shivnet" from CA. I do have full faith that they will make it right (probably refund, might offer a discount to keep). I have never had a problem with woot customer service either before or after Amazon bought them. I am waiting on a respose from them right now. I keep you posted about what they say.

Reactions: T_Minus

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
So woot got back to me. Two different customer service people got my requests. Slightly different offers for partial refund one offered $20 the other offered $25 to keep the drives. Both offered full refund to return. One of them said that because it was a drop shipment they couldn't replace the drive with the proper item. Both claim that they are sending it up to investigate the situation.

I'll be returning them.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
ugggh, bs, think I am best off refusing ship or just contacting them to see best course of action? Mine shipped yesterday from CA and are set for delivery 3/31 in CO. With my luck they WILL be the right ones and I'll send em' back...unopened right? heh