1.8" Intel S3610 with Adapter?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Indecided

Sep 5, 2015
Be careful on the power rating, though. Based on the pictures, the ebay link you had sent is most likely going to contain an AMS1117 power regulator IC, which can supply only up to 1A of 3.3V current.

Looking at the specifications, the only size that has most of its amperage requirements under 1A is going to be the 200gb version. the 400gb and the 800gb versions are going to choke with the above 2.5" to 1.8" converter.. just a note.

You want to pick up one of the other units with a 2A-3A power regulator; I have a couple extra in case you're interested.

Monoman

Oct 16, 2013
Be careful on the power rating, though. Based on the pictures, the ebay link you had sent is most likely going to contain an AMS1117 power regulator IC, which can supply only up to 1A of 3.3V current.

Looking at the specifications, the only size that has most of its amperage requirements under 1A is going to be the 200gb version. the 400gb and the 800gb versions are going to choke with the above 2.5" to 1.8" converter.. just a note.

You want to pick up one of the other units with a 2A-3A power regulator; I have a couple extra in case you're interested.
Can you post a link to the adaptor please??

Indecided

Sep 5, 2015
I was not able to find them reliably in the US (most CN sellers don't know what they sell), so we sourced our own directly from China.

FYI - these contain a BM1084 voltage regulator which claims to source 5A.

For our server applications we did resolder/replace them with a LM1084, as we weren't too excited about the spacing between the bare metal of the SSD and the tab (which is vOUT - the voltage output, btw) nor the (unknown) reliability of the BM1084 component itself.

Don't have a link - here's a picture of what they should look like.

Attachments

Last edited: