1.2TB Intel DC P3520 NVME (U.2) w/ warranty to 2022 $159

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

arglebargle

H̸̖̅ȩ̸̐l̷̦͋l̴̰̈ỏ̶̱ ̸̢͋W̵͖̌ò̴͚r̴͇̀l̵̼͗d̷͕̈
Jul 15, 2018
Last edited:

cdru

Oct 27, 2018
I was confused by 2.5", PCIe, and NVMe all in the description. I knew that M.2 drives came in NVMe and mSATA flavors, and thought U.2 was just the remote version of M.2. TIL not all NVMe drives are M.2 drives...

Anyways seller is the same people that sold the cheap Inventec boards that were discussed earlier this year and last. Their non-ebay store shows the same model drive with different options for how long it's been in use, all shown with the same warranties to 2022. The lowest option listed at $190 was 500+ hours, so I'd expect at least that many for these unless they're trying to clear out all their stock.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Does a backplane need to have specific NVMe support or can it just be PCIe backplane and will a U.2 NVMe work in it?

At some point, Dell released a "PCI-E extender" card for their M620/M820 blades that you use in place of their HBA mini adapters and it also has a corresponding PCIe backplane. I am wondering if these drives would work in such a backplane or if they need to be plainly "PCIe SSDs" and not NVMe.

Last edited:

sparx

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
NVMe = PCIe also.
All NVMe drives uses PCIe interface for its transfer. There are no exceptions. (Yet)
So all M.2, U.2, NGSFF, EDSFF etc uses PCIe so far.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
NVMe = PCIe also.
All NVMe drives uses PCIe interface for its transfer. There are no exceptions. (Yet)
well yes... but maybe I should have just pasted the definition ?

NVM Express or Non-Volatile Memory Host Controller Interface Specification is an open logical device interface specification for accessing non-volatile storage media attached via a PCI Express bus.

All NVME are PCIE devices but not all PCIE SSD are nVME, clear now?

HVAD

Apr 27, 2016
For me the P3520 is not worth the money, you can easily find Samsung PM983 with better price and higher read/write speed.

Reactions: T_Minus

cdru

Oct 27, 2018
All...except M.2 SATA and M.2 USB interfaced cards. NGSFF also originally was going to support SATA and SAS interfaces, although that could have changed.