Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN4F no longer produced ?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Waldek

Apr 3, 2016
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I wanted to buy the Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN4F motherboard from one of the larger European distributors. Apparently, I could not and the information I have received was: "We do not have this product anymore since it is not being produced any more."

I am speculating obviously, but seems like there is some new model/family coming soon. But, I have not heard of of any new Xeon-Ds... Have I missed anything ?

Cheers,
Waldek

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
New models would be nice :)
But I can't really see it just yet... maybe just that board was not popular and they dropped it.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
WiredZone has them and they DropShip all their units directly from SuperMicro so if SM wasn't making them anymore I doubt they'd still be filling those orders.

Waldek

Apr 3, 2016
Was it an official distributor?
I can imagine that they have only parts in stock that are in the global sku programm: Global SKUs - Motherboard | Products - Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Yes. I have also bought a few of the Supermicro boards there. Availability is one thing (I am in EU and the usual delivery time for the Supermicro boards was 3-4 weeks, not just of X10SDVs, but also X10SRWs, X10DDWs, etc.).
What surprised me was the response from the distributor: not produced anymore", not "not in stock currently"...

Anyway, interesting what comes out after the Patrick's meeting with Supermicro tomorrow...

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@Waldek - I sent the lead PM of this platform your question and was told that it is a 7 year lifecycle product with well over 5 years remaining. They also confirmed there is no shortage.

Likely another issue.

Waldek

Apr 3, 2016
@Waldek - I sent the lead PM of this platform your question and was told that it is a 7 year lifecycle product with well over 5 years remaining. They also confirmed there is no shortage.

Likely another issue.
Great, fantastic news. I am about to expand my homelab, so was really worried. As many have mentioned before, IMHO, this is the best homelab motherboard, much more economical over longer term than the NUCs. Off for shopping :)

Thanks a zillion Patrick !