1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN4F no longer produced ?

Discussion in 'Processors and Motherboards' started by Waldek, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Waldek

Waldek New Member

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I wanted to buy the Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN4F motherboard from one of the larger European distributors. Apparently, I could not and the information I have received was: "We do not have this product anymore since it is not being produced any more."

I am speculating obviously, but seems like there is some new model/family coming soon. But, I have not heard of of any new Xeon-Ds... Have I missed anything ?

Cheers,
    Waldek

2. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi @Waldek - let me ask this tomorrow when I have a touch point.

3. Evan

Evan Active Member

New models would be nice :)
    But I can't really see it just yet... maybe just that board was not popular and they dropped it.

4. i386

i386 Member

5. IamSpartacus

IamSpartacus Active Member

WiredZone has them and they DropShip all their units directly from SuperMicro so if SM wasn't making them anymore I doubt they'd still be filling those orders.

6. Waldek

Waldek New Member

Yes. I have also bought a few of the Supermicro boards there. Availability is one thing (I am in EU and the usual delivery time for the Supermicro boards was 3-4 weeks, not just of X10SDVs, but also X10SRWs, X10DDWs, etc.).
    What surprised me was the response from the distributor: not produced anymore", not "not in stock currently"...

Anyway, interesting what comes out after the Patrick's meeting with Supermicro tomorrow...

7. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

@Waldek - I sent the lead PM of this platform your question and was told that it is a 7 year lifecycle product with well over 5 years remaining. They also confirmed there is no shortage.

Likely another issue.

8. Waldek

Waldek New Member

Great, fantastic news. I am about to expand my homelab, so was really worried. As many have mentioned before, IMHO, this is the best homelab motherboard, much more economical over longer term than the NUCs. Off for shopping :)

Thanks a zillion Patrick !

9. Geran

Geran Member