n5105

1. S

HW Build Guide: DIY NAS with CWWK N5105 and Jonsbo N2

After going through the thread on the Topton NAS motheboard and seeing others' builds, I too built a home NAS using the N5105 version of the motherboard and the Jonsbo N2 NAS case. I also made a video (linked in the blog post mentioned below) comparing the sound of the default Jonsbo N2 case fan...
  2. Z

[FS] CWWK V5 Model B Celeron N5105 4x2.5G Intel i226-V NIC, 16GB RAM, $200

After watching/reading the reviews on STH for this little unit I decided to get one for myself and try out Proxmox and VMs with PfSense with the intention on going with a multi gig connection. It handles my gigabit connection without any issues and I ended not going multi gig since I don't have...
  3. P

n5105 units, cooling and chassis difference

Hi, I want to purchase a n5105 + i226-V 4 port firewall unit from Topton. They offer the same hardware in 3 different cases. There's 1 unit cheaper in a smaller chassis, I was wondering if temperature wise, it would be a bad move to cheap out a bit and get this over the bigger units that seem...
  4. A

Jasper Lake Proxmox (KVM/QEMU) VM Guest Stability

Problem Description: Many people using Promox (and other KVM/QEMU based hypervisors) on Jasper Lake platforms (N5105, N6005) are experiencing kernel panics and/or hangs of their guest VMs. Both Linux (OpenWRT, Ubuntu) and FreeBSD (pfSense, OPNsense) guest VMs are affected. The host itself...
  5. T

Topton N5105 router won't boot with Teamgroup NVME

Just wanted to share my experience to save the community some headache. This is the 7th Aliexpress router build, and 4th Topton device for me, but I have never encountered this problem previously. I purchased this Topton mini PC device for a router build for a friend...
  6. E

How do I PROPERLY configure an N5015 device with ESXi and OPNSense?

Hello, So I bought from Ali Express, one of the N5105 fanless boxes - bare bones model then I got 32 gigs of RAM and a 1TB SSD from Amazon - total cost out the door less than $300. I've installed ESXi as the booting OS, then I installed OPNSense in a VM, and I have it properly working and...
  7. S

Topton N5105 Quad i226V Dual M.2 Mini PC Photo Reference

It appears these units change pretty fast so here are some pictures for reference. I've not test anything yet. Topton N5105 mini PC with quad i226V NICs: Config: N5105 barebones (no ram or storage) Model on listing: “ModelC Celeron N5105” Total Cost $169.88USD (Store Discount -US $6.54, Tax US...
  8. S

ram suggestion - Aliexpress N5105 mini pc

I got one of the smaller aliexpress mini pc box without ram & storage. I got a smaller chassis to save desk space. From what I've seen the smaller chassis runs a little hot. I have a low power drive to go in it but I was wondering if it was worth even considering power usage ram wise with these...
  9. L

What CPU for LOW power ceph cluster

Hey guys! I want to build a low power ceph cluster! Rejected Xeon "X79" LGA2011 etc I've considered getting some old Xeon LGA2011 or whatever servers from AliExpress which would make cost low, ECC RAM abundant and IO aplenty. But they'll probably idle at at least 60W each for just the...