Search results

1. M

FS: 2x Samsung 870 QVO 8TB SSD - $470 each shipped CONUS

New in factory sealed packages. I have three two of them available - $470 each. Amazon and most other major retailers have them at $528 or more right now Edit: to address slidermike's post, payment via PayPal or Zelle or money order is fine. Will ship UPS ground from Illinois to the continental...
  2. M

What connector on a Dell PERC H745?

Does anyone know what SAS connectors are on Dell PERC H745 RAID card? I'm looking to install one in a PowerEdge T340 due to its high port count. I'm not familiar with what connector they use and it isnt officially a supported card so Dell support/sales is useless here. I think the connector...
  3. M

ASRock Rack i9-13900K stuck at 5ghz/235 watts

So I know this isnt the type of thing you would typically see on STH forums, but since this is an ASRock Rack motherboard I thought i'd try as someone here might be more familiar with their BIOS than me. So I recently built a new PC, and everything that i've read has said that my i9-13900K...
  4. M

Samsung PM9A3 Hangs - firmware available?

I have a 1.92TB Samsung PM9A3 I just received from SuperMicro for my new workstation. The disk was installed in a ASRock Rack W680D4U-2L2T-G5 board's 4x PCI-E 4.0 slot with the use of a riser card. This slot is serviced by the i9-13900K directly and is not connected to the W680 chipset according...
  5. M

Low power M.2 NVMe help

I'm working on a personal project for an embedded application using a Nvidia Jetson Nano and a Seeed Studio A206 carrier. I need to select a M.2 2280 NVMe SSD to use for this, as it is limited to 16GB of on board storage, and I need a large disk to store high resolution images/video on. I've...
  6. M

Ruckus/Brocade ICX 7150 Help

I recently obtained a Ruckus (formerly Brocade) ICX 7150-C12 switch. As my background is mostly with Cisco/Juniper i'm not too familiar with the FastIron OS on these and was wondering if someone could help explain the following behavior. With both SPS08095dufi.bin and SPS09010ufi.bin layer 2...
  7. M

ASL G1502 GTX 1050 low profile single slot blower GPU for Plex/Emby

Sold i would be looking for $125 shipped to the CONUS. Pretty sure these are the only low profile single slot blower Nvidia cards capable of 4K H.265 transcoding, or at least where when i got them, made by some (at least in the US) obscure Chinese manufacturer called ASL. They have hdmi and...
  8. M

ASRock Rack default ipmi ip

For the life of me, i cant find what the default ip on one of their E3C242D4U2-2T boards is supposed to be.
  9. M

SanDisk SkyHawk help

So i recently purchased some SanDisk Skyhawk 3.84TB NVMe SSDs off ebay. While trying (and failing) to find a manual for this disk to explain what this not-exactly-a-mini/micro-USB style connector on the drive is for, i did run across the data sheet for HGST's SN620 SSDs which apparently share...
  10. M

U.2 compatible SFF-8643 Cables

Is it ok to use SAS3 (with sideband) SFF-8643 cables to connect a PCIe 4x <-> SFF-8643 board to a SuperMicro BPN-SAS3-826A-N4 backplane, which has SFF-8643 connectors for its NVMe bays? And if not, where can I find these mysterious U.2 compatible cables, ideally in 0.5m lengths?
  11. M

Xeon D-1500 Heatsink Removal

Does anyone have any tips on removing the passive heat sink on a SuperMicro X10SDV series motherboard/Xeon D-1500 series CPU? It seems like they may have used thermal adhesive instead of the typical thermal paste, because after unscrewing it, it just doesn't want to come off.
  12. M

WTB SuperMicro X10SDV-7TP4F

Does anyone have a used one they're looking to get rid of for a reasonable price?
  13. M

X9SRL-F Chassis Intrusion

I have a pair of SuperMicro X9SRL-F motherboards which are constantly throwing chassis intrusion errors. I've tried it with and with out the intrusion switch connected and regardless it will constantly throw these errors. Does anyone have any ideas why it is doing this and how to disable it?
  14. M

HGST/Cisco SN200 SSDs & VMware

I bought 3 800GB HGST SN200 NVMe SSDs off eBay. One of them appears to be a retail drive, the other two appear to have been pulls from Cisco UCS systems as their model comes up in Windows as UCSC-NVMEHW-H800. Now the retail drive shows up in ESXi and can be used as a data store, strangely the...
  15. M

Resize Seagate 600 Pro SSD

I received some SSDs which were resized from 480GB to a lesser amount. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could restore them back to their original size? Seagate SeaTools SSD appears to have this feature, but strangely only my HGST SN200 shows up in this program and none of my SATA SSDs.
  16. M

Intel X520-DA2 dual SFP+ 10 GbE w/ SR optics

I have four two sold Intel X520-DA2 dual 10Gb SFP+ ethernet cards with Intel SR optics and full height brackets. $50 each shipped to the CONUS. Alternatively if you prefer I can swap one of them for a HP 560-SFP+ which is the same card but with HP firmware and branding.
  17. M

FS: 12x HP 3.5" HDD Sleds/Trays

I have a dozen of them I pulled off some hard drives I bought. I dont have a HP chassis so I cant test if the LEDs on front work, although I can only assume they do, but they're being sold as is because of it. Physically they appear to be in good condition. Part number 651314-001. Screws are...
  18. M

HP Tape Firmware Request

Does anyone have a HP tape drive or library under support contract? If so is there any chance you could get the latest firmware for me? If you want ill send you $5 or $10 via paypal. Specifically i'm looking for the firmware for a HP StorageWorks Ultrium 3000, model number AQ283-20103. From...
  19. M

WTB: LTO5 SAS HH Tape Drive

I've tried buying them off eBay, and have received 2 bad units in a row which fail the manufacturers diagnostic utilities. If anyone here has one which passes the tests and is looking to sell it for a reasonable price, let me know. It needs to be SAS and half height. Edit: If it is an...
  20. M

Making a desk from two small racks

I was wondering if anyone ever tried making a desk out of two small racks? Both SuperMicro and HP offer 14U racks which seem to be about as tall as the two filing cabinets which currently support my desktop. I contacted SuperMicro about this and they thought it was a bad idea. I would think if...