Search results

1. M

FS: 2x Samsung 870 QVO 8TB SSD - $470 each shipped CONUS

bump. one was sold on ebay so we're down to two SSDs left.
  2. M

As someone inquired about the warranty, according to Samsung's terms it starts the date when the sealed package is purchased. As these are still sealed I would assume it would start when you purchase it. Alternatively it starts from the date of manufacture which would be June 12, June 13th and...
  3. M

New in factory sealed packages. I have three two of them available - $470 each. Amazon and most other major retailers have them at $528 or more right now Edit: to address slidermike's post, payment via PayPal or Zelle or money order is fine. Will ship UPS ground from Illinois to the continental...
  4. M

What connector on a Dell PERC H745?

Are you sure? These look like the MCIO connectors rather than LP SlimSAS
  5. M

You were absolutely right. I ended up ordering both MCIO and LP SlimSAS to SFF-8643 and the LP SlimSAS were the correct cables. Now for the life of me I seem to be unable to find LP SlimSAS to SFF-8087. Does anyone know of where I could find a couple of them? I can find SFF-8643 to SFF-8087...
  6. M

WTB: 16gb ECC UDIMM 2400mhz x4 (64gb total)

You can get it for a lot less than $100 https://www.amazon.com/HMA82GU7CJR8N-VK-Replacement-Unbuffered-NEMIX-RAM/dp/B08TDM6ZJ9
  7. M

Thank you. It looks like Amphenol officially calls it Mini Cooledge IO, and all the cable vendors call it MCIO. It was intended mostly for 4th/5th generation PCIe and finding non-Dell cables which use it and SFF-8087 and SFF-8643 is surprisingly difficult/not possible, although strangely you can...
  8. M

Unfortunately they're not. The card edge connector protrudes beyond the housing in a SFF-8654, on the Dell connectors they're recessed.
  9. M

Does anyone know what SAS connectors are on Dell PERC H745 RAID card? I'm looking to install one in a PowerEdge T340 due to its high port count. I'm not familiar with what connector they use and it isnt officially a supported card so Dell support/sales is useless here. I think the connector...
  10. M

oculink to pcie3 X4 slot problems

I've tried both 50cm and 25cm cables, neither worked. I've tried with with these M.2 to OcuLink adapters https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BP21BK8Y. I also tried a couple other M.2 drives but they didnt work either.
  11. M

oculink to pcie3 X4 slot problems

Did you guys ever find a solution? I have the same board and three Samsung PM9A1 SSDs hooked up to the ports which refuse to be detected.
  12. M

ASRock Rack i9-13900K stuck at 5ghz/235 watts

Most settings in XTU are greyed out. As I mentioned in my OP, it isnt hitting the default P core ratios. This isnt even about overclocking, this is getting it to run within spec.
  13. M

ASRock Rack i9-13900K stuck at 5ghz/235 watts

So I know this isnt the type of thing you would typically see on STH forums, but since this is an ASRock Rack motherboard I thought i'd try as someone here might be more familiar with their BIOS than me. So I recently built a new PC, and everything that i've read has said that my i9-13900K...
  14. M

Samsung PM9A3 Hangs - firmware available?

So I replaced the riser with a StarTech riser, which seemed to be the most complicated design of the passive risers which supports 110 length SSDs. And it seems to be working now. I guess passive risers can be rather sensitive between PCIe 3 and 4.
  15. M

I just tried forcing this to PCIe 3.0 and it actually got through an entire surface scan without freezing. I double checked the datasheet and all variants of the PM9A3 are rated for PCIe 4.0. I guess I can try another adapter. Sadly the M.2 slot on the motherboard only supports 2280 lengths and...
  16. M

PCIe to M.2. The PM9A3 is a M.2 variant, not the U.2 version.
  17. M

I have a 1.92TB Samsung PM9A3 I just received from SuperMicro for my new workstation. The disk was installed in a ASRock Rack W680D4U-2L2T-G5 board's 4x PCI-E 4.0 slot with the use of a riser card. This slot is serviced by the i9-13900K directly and is not connected to the W680 chipset according...
  18. M

Low power M.2 NVMe help

The larger the better, at this point in time, I dont have a strong understanding of how much space i'll need, so i'm opting for a larger drive to play things safe. Yeah I saw those charts for the P31, although I am a bit scared of the difference between them and their peak claims in the data...
  19. M

Low power M.2 NVMe help

Better than the Seagate Q5 at 3.3 watts "average" for 2TB if any such disks exist.