Search results

1. R

Does the PLX8724 support SRIOV?

Ahh, good to know. Gracias.
  2. R

NVMe PCI-E Controller for NVME (DC P4801X) + SATA device

Did you sort this out? Curious about the card you purchased. I'm eyeing this Linkreal card (Linkreal 4 Port Pcie X8 Ssd Nvme U.2 Adapter Card - Buy Nvme Card,Nvme Adapter,M2 Ngff Product on Alibaba.com) with 4 ports (but only a x8 PCIe slot) so wanted to get some real world feedback if you had...
  3. R

NVME Breakout PLX Switch PCI-E adapter

I have a couple NVMe 2.5" u.2 drives and so I'm searching for a controller. Super curious about these...one thing I did notice is these Linkreal adapters have 2x the drive bandwidth than available PCIe bandwidth. For example, here they are stuffing 4 PCIe x4 3.0 channels through 2 PCIe x4 3.0...
  4. R

Free Virtualization operating systems

They first hit is always free :oops:
  5. R

Protectli FW4A experiences

I bought one of the FW4A models, but when it arrived and I started to plug it into my home network I got an uneasy feeling about it. Not sure why...maybe it's that I can't get the BIOS from anyone but Protectli and you cannot find much information about them on-line. Maybe the reason is I...
  6. R

Weird Proxmox Networking Issue?

On the broken host can you post the output of: cat /etc/network/interfaces May want to compare that output with the working host.
  7. R

Proxmox VE Build Questions

I've done just that. After having zfs send/receive issues with FreeNAS 10 I backed out and installed Proxmox and setup ZFS as my destination. Currently using pve-zsync (thanks for the tutorials) and thinking about moving to znapzend. Licenses are cheap enough for Proxmox and I sleep better...
  8. R

High Capacity Storage Server for 10Gb Network

Me too brother, me too. On occasion I open up my cabinet and stare at the big stack of failed drives and shake my fist in the air because I was within hours of losing a 8 drive RAID6 array. I then yell when remembering the Seagate replacement drives failed too.
  9. R

Proxmox VE 5.0 Beta Released – Major Changes!

I already started using Proxmox as my storage server. Once I moved my Proxmox servers to ZFS I now send snapshots over the wire to a machine running Proxmox that sits on a bunch of drives. The license is cheap enough and I can keep all my machine's patch levels in sync. Once I started...