Search results

1. E

Motherboard Recommendations

Hey Everyone, I'm looking to build a shallow (< 15") 1 to 2U Rackmount virtualization server to run some VMs (Plex, etc via Proxmox). It doesn't need a ton of storage as I already have a NAS setup, but I'm having trouble finding a board to use. My requirements are: Size - ITX ideally, or...
  2. E

Ethernet/Bridge Packet Loss?

So I have two servers on the same network. One of them is reporting a large number of packets dropped. Specifically on the RX side. I have eth0/eth1 in vmbr0. I am seeing the drops on both eth0 directly and vmbr0. I have tried to dig into it and this is what I found, but I'm not sure how to...
  3. E

NMS vs Grafana

So continuing on my path of improving my network monitoring... I have a network I am trying to setup a new monitoring stack on. Right now my plan is... Syslogs -> FluentD -> ElasticSearch -> Graylog SNMP/NetData/fping -> Telegraf -> Prometheus -> Grafana IPFix -> vFlow -> Telegraf ->...
  4. E

Homelab Monitoring Platform?

Hey All, Sorry in advance for the length of this post…. So I have a new computer I'm setting up to use as a monitoring platform. It is an AMD based machine (GX-415GA + 8GB RAM + 1 TB Seagate FireCuda). Right now I have Ubuntu 17.04 installed on it. Right now I have 2 sites I want to...
  5. E

Zabbix XXL + Zabbix DB in Docker High Disk I/O?

Hey All, So I have a new computer I'm setting up to use as a monitoring platform. It is an AMD based machine (GX-415GA + 8GB RAM + 1 TB Seagate FireCuda). Right now I have Ubuntu 17.04 with Docker (official edge) installed on it. I installed Zabbix XXL w/ Zabbix DB from GitHub -...
  6. E

Weird Proxmox Networking Issue?

Alright... this is really odd and I need a second opinion.... I have a Mikrotik firewall. The main network is 10.0.0.0/24. I have two proxmox servers 10.0.0.100 and 10.0.0.110. I am currently connected to my router via L2TP over IPSec (10.0.10.99). I can ping and connect to one of the...
  7. E

Network Monitoring (IPFix, Uptime, etc) Recommendations

Hey All, So I'm looking for some recommendations on a Monitoring Setup. My network is made up of a bunch of MikroTik hardware (switches, routers, access points), 2x Proxmox Servers, a few HikVision Cameras, and a few QNAP Raid Arrays. I'm trying to setup a good way to monitor a bunch of...
  8. E

KVM Questions

Hey All, So I am setting up a workstation for my homelab (and for my son/wife to use). I have a few sources. 1) Raspberry Pi (HDMI) 2) Intel NUC or Mini Mac (HDMI, MiniDP, DP) 3) VGA x 2 (SuperMicro IPMI Consoles) 4) QNAP LinuxStation (HDMI) Ideally I'd like to connect all of these to a...
  9. E

Ideal Plex Setup with Proxmox/LXC/Docker/KVM?

Hey All, So I have a computer I used to run Plex and a few other things on. I had it setup under Debian with SnapRAID + MergerFS + Docker. I used Docker Compose to run all of my services. I decided that I wanted to virtualize that box so I could run more stuff on it for some other projects...
  10. E

Linux Based Virtual Workstation/KVM Idea

Question: With a set of Proxmox Servers is there a way to setup a Thin Client/PXE/Live CD on a NUC, RPi, or ?? using VNC or SPICE that could act as a KVM w/ Audio for the VMs? Explanation: Right now I have two servers running proxmox and a QNAP. I would like to setup a computer for my son to...
  11. E

QNAP Compatible Dual SFP+

Anyone recommend a cheapish dual SFP+ PCIe card to put in my QNAP TVS-682? I have two Linux servers that are currently using single SFP+ to communicate and I would like to have them both direct wire to the QNAP. Thanks. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  12. E

Recommend a PCIe NVME SSD for X10SRi-F

Anyone have a recommendation? I got a Plextor AIC, but it isn't compatible. I need a 256 MB NVME SSD for a PCIe x8. I'm ok using a M.2 adapter, but am not sure if they will work. Supermicro said their Adapter (AOC-SLG3-2M2) isn't compatible Recommendations?
  13. E

Plextor PX-256M8PeG

So I have a basically new Plextor PX-256M8PeG. I bought it to use in my SuperMicro setup... come to find out SuperMicro doesn't like Plextor SSDs and it just won't work for me. It was opened and installed, but thats about it. New for $129... I'm looking for $120 shipped (US Only).
  14. E

Plextor SSDs w/ Supermicro Boards

So.... this is a really annoying problem. Curious if anyone else has run into it yet, but I'm about to give up and just sell the Plextor drives. Basically I have 2 Supermicro based servers. The first is a X10SRI-F w/ E5-1650v4 into which I installed a PX-256M8PeY from Plextor. Originally...
  15. E

ESXI Compatible SATA PCIe Card

Hey All, I have a SuperMicro X10 I am using as a server currently running Debian 8.5. I would like to convert it over to running ESXI 6.5 with a Debian VM as I would like to use the machine to run a few other VMs. I did a trial run and ran ESXI off of a USB flash drive. The issue is that my...
  16. E

ProxMox vs OMV vs UnRaid vs Debian/Centos w/ Docker + KVM vs Rancher

Hey All, So I finally am ordering my hardware for my server, but now comes the decision of what to run on it. Currently I'm planning to be able to run Plex/SickRage/etc.... but ideally I'd like to have an OSX/Windows/etc VM available in the future. I have read tons and tons of articles, and...
  17. E

Server Build (Xeon E3-1275v5)

Hey All, So I finally settled on the following.... (Goal is to server 2 to 3 people w/ transcoding, run a VM or two, and run Plex, CouchPotato, SickRage, etc).... Fractal Designs R5 Seagate IronWolf 6TB x 3 Corsair HX850i SuperMicro X11SAE-F Crucial 16GBx2 DDR4 ECC 2133 MasterLiquid Pro 140...
  18. E

Recommendations for NAS/Plex Server Build

Hey All, Just joined. I am looking for some advice with part selection for a NAS/Plex build I want to do. My goal is to build a box to run Plex/Sonarr/SickRage/CouchPotato, etc. Ideally I'd like it to be able to stream to 4 to 5 clients at a time at the same time (2-3 TVs., and 2-3 iPads)...