Search results

1. E

Motherboard Recommendations

Hey Everyone, I'm looking to build a shallow (< 15") 1 to 2U Rackmount virtualization server to run some VMs (Plex, etc via Proxmox). It doesn't need a ton of storage as I already have a NAS setup, but I'm having trouble finding a board to use. My requirements are: Size - ITX ideally, or...
  2. E

New 10GbE and 40GbE MikroTik Switches Coming

I want the 4 port sfp+. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  3. E

Ethernet/Bridge Packet Loss?

So I have two servers on the same network. One of them is reporting a large number of packets dropped. Specifically on the RX side. I have eth0/eth1 in vmbr0. I am seeing the drops on both eth0 directly and vmbr0. I have tried to dig into it and this is what I found, but I'm not sure how to...
  4. E

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

I'd like to join in also. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  5. E

Homelab Monitoring Platform?

This also looked promising... never got around to testing it. Manito Networks / flowanalyzer · GitLab
  6. E

Because I'd rather have something RRD and web based....
  7. E

Honestly haven't found anything good and open source for NetFlow. I used NTOP for a bit until the trial expired.... but otherwise.... nothing great.
  8. E

Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM / 10GbE

How deep is it to the heatsink? Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  9. E

Light virtualization server now that cards are out

I have the D. Although the new atom on interesting. For my usage I can't justify the cost bump to silver yet. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  10. E

NMS vs Grafana

Basically the goal is to replicate a NMS style boolean check into the telegraf stack... so I don't ALSO have to have a NMS running.... but open to any thoughts?
  11. E

NMS vs Grafana

So continuing on my path of improving my network monitoring... I have a network I am trying to setup a new monitoring stack on. Right now my plan is... Syslogs -> FluentD -> ElasticSearch -> Graylog SNMP/NetData/fping -> Telegraf -> Prometheus -> Grafana IPFix -> vFlow -> Telegraf ->...
  12. E

So Far... 1) Fresh Installed Ubuntu 17.04 2) Installed NetData (Instructions from NetData Site) 3) Installed Docker (Edge)
  13. E

Zabbix XXL + Zabbix DB in Docker High Disk I/O?

8 isn't enough? .... I'm just running a home lab... The checks were every 30... I'm thinking about moving graphing to influx. Then I'll make these every 5 or something.... Honestly I'm not sure how much logging in need to do from here. I may just use zabbix for uptime alerting. Sent...
  14. E

You and me both.... So far I have netdata setup.... Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  15. E

Hey All, Sorry in advance for the length of this post…. So I have a new computer I'm setting up to use as a monitoring platform. It is an AMD based machine (GX-415GA + 8GB RAM + 1 TB Seagate FireCuda). Right now I have Ubuntu 17.04 installed on it. Right now I have 2 sites I want to...
  16. E

1) Yeah... that was my thought.... 2) Mostly just patched together things. A lot of it is via SNMP....
  17. E

Hey All, So I have a new computer I'm setting up to use as a monitoring platform. It is an AMD based machine (GX-415GA + 8GB RAM + 1 TB Seagate FireCuda). Right now I have Ubuntu 17.04 with Docker (official edge) installed on it. I installed Zabbix XXL w/ Zabbix DB from GitHub -...
  18. E

Weird Proxmox Networking Issue?

In fact the proxmox host is the only computer with a problem. It's got to be on there somewhere. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  19. E

No. The proxmox can't ping the VPN client either... I compared the two proxmox machines... Can't find a difference. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  20. E

Yes. And both can access the internet. Even more odd, I can ping one of the VMS on the machine, but can't ping the hypervisor... Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk