Search results

1. N

Boot from NVME on Dell Poweredge 11G or 12G using Clover on Internal SD or USB

I did something similar on an IBM/Lenovo server a for a short time a few years ago. I used refind with the nvme drivers from clover. I think I just created a refind USB drive and copied the driver. I used refind because it didn't have the hackintosh specific features that clover has, but I think...
  2. N

Xeon Phi /x200 /Knights Landing - Trash or Treasure ?

Knights Landing is a socketed CPU, not a PCIe card like previous versions of Phi. I don't think it need the Intel Compiler Suite either.
  3. N

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

Does the H310 Mini guide work for a normal full size H310, or would a different SBR need to be created for that to work?
  4. N

u.2 drive cooling?

Start with airflow and add a heatsink if needed, the p4610 is lower power draw than sn200 so should run cooler. I have an sn200 in my desktop and had to add a velociraptor heatsink to cool it. The same drive was fine in a server with a little air flow.
  5. N

What would your choice be Atom C3858 QAT or Epyc 3251 (OpenVPN / FreeNAS and a little VM)

QAT software support is not very good. ZFS has no support for it under freebsd, so it cannot be used on freenas for ZFS acceleration. I also was unable to get an 8950 QAT card working on pfsense with openvpn, though I didn't spend much time trying.
  6. N

What to expect if FreeNAS loses connection to disk shelf?

I had this same issue a couple weeks ago. What I found was that freenas was using swap. Freenas uses a 2gb partition on the pool drives for swap. So when the pool drives got disconnected, the swap partition that freenas was using also got disconnected. There is a system tunable to adjust the...
  7. N

Modding/upgrading Arista switches?

Arista DCS-7050QX-32S-F Hardware version: 21.32 Software image version: 4.20.2.1F Architecture: i386 Internal build version: 4.20.2.1F-7225656.42021F Aboot Aboot-norcal4-4.1.0-3037060 Is the M.2 Sata or NVME?