Search results

1. S

Xeon E5 v3/v4 idle power consumption

Hi, I wish you all a happy new year ! I am building an ESXi server using an Asus Z10 motherboard and 1 CPU. I want somtething that is using as low power as possible when idle. I had a xeon-D motherboard for the old setup but it was running too hot, very limited versatility, etc... So i...
  2. S

WTB : ruckus brocade 7150-24

Hi ! I am looking to get a ruckus 7150 24. I don't need more ports, neither PoE capabilities. I want the smallest power consumption as possible (fanless baby ^^). If anyone have this kind of treasure, i am looking for it !!!! S.
  3. S

advice for SFP+ network card w/ ESXi 7+

Hi ! Everything is almost in the title ;). I am looking for advice on NIC card. I want a SFP+ one (using w/ a Brocade switch) and I will be using ESXi 7 and newer version. Where should I go ? Are Chelsio T520-BT good enough ? Have fun, S.
  4. S

S+RJ10 alternative

Hi, I have a brocade 6450-24 with the following 10gb attached : - one dac - two S+RJ10 connected to x10sdv motherboard. The transceiver are too hot and i discover on mikrotik website that they don't recommend placing them as close as i need to do with my switch. What kind of alternative to...
  5. S

Cheap ARECA substitute ?

Hi, I am looking for a cheap RAID card that is supported by ESXi 7. I am used to have ARECA card for their RJ45 port (I use it to automatically get health info) and I really appreciate to be able to monitor them via the RJ45 port. I am not very well versed in RAID card and maybe there are...
  6. S

Advice for a motherboard

Hi, I am looking for some help digging in Supermicro motherboard. I have search the site but it seems that not all the motherboard that existed are listed. For example the X10SLM is searchable via Google, but not by the motherboard matrix... So what I am looking is a motherboard with xeon E3...
  7. S

Brocade 6450 multiple lan rooting

Hi, I recently upgrade my home switch from a 16 ports netgear GS116E with a Brocade 6450 24 ports. Everything was directly plugged in the switch. I have a simple architecture : a network 192.168.1.x used by default between the ISP modem (Freebox server) and the ISP IPTV box (Freebox player)...
  8. S

X10SRL-F BIOS protected

Hi, I got a X10SRL-F on eBay but upon testing it, the BIOS is password protected. I ask the seller but he doesn't have it. I try a couple of default one, but nothing so far. Is there a way to circumvent that or is sending it back the only solution ? Cheers, Serge
  9. S

Looking for a SFP+ network card (Win2019)

Hi, I am looking for a 10gb network card with a SFP+ interface. I already have an Asus one with Aquantia chip, but I have some drop of connection regularly so I want to move on something more "server", like Chelsio or Intel. It needs to be 2U compatible, and ideally not too power hungry...
  10. S

Advice for a switch >= 24ports / 1gb

Hi, I own a Netgear GS116v2 (16 ports 1gb). All ports are used and I frequently see interface going from 1000mb to 100mb. Usually, I just unplug/plug the RJ45 jack and it gets back to 1000mb but I suspect this switch is a little bit under performing for my setup. I am looking for a switch...
  11. S

Arago 930-8i

Hi, I recently got a Arago 930-8i in order to have 2 SSD in RAID1 for installing an ESXi7 server. I choose this card because it was on the VMware list and was cheap enough (I just need basic redundancy). The card is use with a Supermicro X10SDV. I was confused first as I was not able to get...
  12. S

advice on quiet 2U PSU

Hi, The title says almost it all ;). I am looking for a super quiet 2U PSU. It won't need to have a lot of power, let's say 300w at max. So anything above that will be good as long as it is quiet. I already tried a Seasonic 2U H2U, but it was not what I was looking for (the fan specs where...
  13. S

Advice for RAID card supported by ESXi7

Hi, I am looking for a RAID card with ESXi7 support. It just need to be able to host 2 SSD (SATA), so the cheaper is the better. What is the best card to get ? Thanks, Serge
  14. S

X10SDV - IPMI problem sensor reading

Hello, I have a Supermicro X10SDV and upon browsing its IPMI webpage I notice that there are no sensors reading under the server health. In the columns Readings it says "not present" and for status, "N/A". It is the same for all the sensors. I tried to get back to default setting, but without...
  15. S

Advice about NVMe U2 card / backplane

Hello, I am a little bit a newbie about SAS U2 card but I am looking for a RAID controller or HBA able to support multiple U2 SSD, at least 4, but 8 will be ideal. Do you have any advice on such device ? Cheers, Serge
  16. S

Ultrastar SN200 connectors

Hi folks, I am doing some research to upgrade my NAS and I am thinking to have some SSD in it. I always use SATA drives and know that there are other type of interface, but never really bother. I did some research about the Ultrastar SN200 in order to verify that it will work in my setup, but...