Search results

1. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I just found out Terry video and I will download the manual. I was looking for the dual-mode option and finally discover it was not needed anymore. The setup is now complete, I will probably migrate the switch tonight or tomorrow morning :). Thanks for all the helps I got on this forum.
  2. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I migrate the 6450-24 toward a 7150-24 as it is fanless (everything is in a closet so I am hunting for lower wattage when I can). I try to put my vlan conf that you help build, but it seems that in 7150, the dual-mode option is deprecated. I read a couple of docs and understand that I need to do...
  3. S

Xeon E5 v3/v4 idle power consumption

I was probably too fast to type :). At the lowest amount of noise possible, I'd rather have a lower temp in order to not increase the ambient temp and thus, the temp of other devices in the closet. That is why the X10SDV, even if it is a very nice mobo, does not fit my need as much as the Z10PA...
  4. S

thanks for the precision. that is usefull to know for my workstation as I have a 5960x rated for 140w-ish and I could have either a better core count for the same temp or a lower power draw for the same core number.
  5. S

the enclosure (read closet) tends to have a very poor airflow and I can't change this parameters. So I'd rather have a low temperature to avoid other devices to run hotter due to an elevation of the "local" temp of the closet.
  6. S

So just to be sure, if I understand correctly, to summerize, there won't be a difference between ans idle 2630Lv3 and a 2699v3 ? And the v4 are better at idle thant the v3 ?
  7. S

You're right, the temperature are perfectly normal for an x10sdv and I never had any stability problem. The problem is that I need to have to lower temp as possible within a specific acceptable noise. it is a complicated equation that balance heat, noise, horsepower. there are 2 other factors to...
  8. S

The setup was too hot. I had a ethernet 10gb board and even with dedicated copper and noctua fan, it was never below 50c idle. The E5 is between 35-37 idle and I am able to use a SFP+ card, which was not possible using the X10SDV as it had only one PCIe port. I could have gone for a SFP+ model...
  9. S

I knew I would have questions on my setup... :) I have a VM that need to be always ON for security reason. On the other hand, when I am not at home, most of the systems are turned off. When I use the NAS I need to have not bottleneck, so VM it is not my first choice.
  10. S

Thanks for the replies ! I have 2 systems with the same motherboard. I get the power consumption either via a PDU or via a watt measurer on the plug : NAS : - Asus Z10PA-D8 - xeon e5 2630L v3 - pcie ssd integrated on the motherboard port - 96 gb of ram (on slot is defective) - 4 * 120mm...
  11. S

Hi, I wish you all a happy new year ! I am building an ESXi server using an Asus Z10 motherboard and 1 CPU. I want somtething that is using as low power as possible when idle. I had a xeon-D motherboard for the old setup but it was running too hot, very limited versatility, etc... So i...
  12. S

WTB : ruckus brocade 7150-24

Hi ! I am looking to get a ruckus 7150 24. I don't need more ports, neither PoE capabilities. I want the smallest power consumption as possible (fanless baby ^^). If anyone have this kind of treasure, i am looking for it !!!! S.
  13. S

advice for SFP+ network card w/ ESXi 7+

Hi ! Everything is almost in the title ;). I am looking for advice on NIC card. I want a SFP+ one (using w/ a Brocade switch) and I will be using ESXi 7 and newer version. Where should I go ? Are Chelsio T520-BT good enough ? Have fun, S.
  14. S

[FS] SATA SSD's and ITX/EATX motherboards - Price and quantity modified

Got my drives ! Packaging was perfect and shipment was super fast. I had a great co tact with Sam and i definitively recommend doing buisness with him !
  15. S

EU WTS Sell thread (HPE / intel / ram / drives)

Thanks ! I am planning to use it on Asus Z10PE-D8. Judging by the specs, it seems to be compatible. I am interested by 2133/2400modukes as I run 2650L v3 CPU, so higher is not needed. What's their price ?
  16. S

EU WTS Sell thread (HPE / intel / ram / drives)

Hi, Does the ram is ECC RDIMM ? ( 20+ HPE 32G 2666V modules for 45,- euro each ) cheers
  17. S

S+RJ10 alternative

thanks for the feedback. I'll try other connector as referenced and if that is not enough, I might add some heatsink on it and maybe add some external airflow on it.
  18. S

S+RJ10 alternative

Hi, I have a brocade 6450-24 with the following 10gb attached : - one dac - two S+RJ10 connected to x10sdv motherboard. The transceiver are too hot and i discover on mikrotik website that they don't recommend placing them as close as i need to do with my switch. What kind of alternative to...
  19. S

[FS] [US-OK] SOLD Intel Optane 905P 960GB - $250.00 ea. - 0% wearout

I am interested by some SSD. Do you ship to France ? S.