Search results

1. T

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

If by bypass you mean re-writing GPL code at the block layer: yes. We removed all of that crap and tried to use native types and functions as much as possible. However since we don't have the hw driver source code, our options are limited. They will never open source it, they will bury it.
  2. T

Honestly Debian is very much behind the ball at this point. I prefer running Ubuntu and Fedora over pure Debian since they ship with such an old Kernel. At least you aren't stuck running CentOS 8.
  3. T

Yeah our fork needs 5.x, so you need to use a later version of Debian. I honestly don't recommend running the original code, it's just a giant mess. We support up to Kernel 5.6 so far, and 5.7 I believe is in testing. 4.19 is quite old eitherway, several years old now. Check out our discord...
  4. T

That's just the original source code. If you run vsl4 I'd recommend using our fork under a 5.x kernel instead. https://github.com/snuf/iomemory-vsl4
  5. T

folks, feel free to swing by our Discord channel if you have more questions. iomemory-vsl Discord
  6. T

you need to do a cold boot to activate.
  7. T

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

P420 has performance issues under HBA mode, and at least with HP firmware, you can't boot off drives attached to it if it's in HBA mode as well. It's a shitty limitations.
  8. T

Intel DC S3700 fail

That sucks, but if it was under warranty they'd replace it. My specific drive was under warranty, so I guess I lucked out.
  9. T

I realized he had a gen1 after I wrote up the wiki. The steps are pretty much the same though - the filenames are different, but same concept.
  10. T

I wrote up a basic wiki for flashing cards, but for vsl4. snuf/iomemory-vsl4. Steps are mostly going to be same, but for the older cards you want to match all of the file versions in the original driver. Edit: make sure to grab the latest driver from github: for 5.x linux kernels: snuf/iomemory-vsl
  11. T

Intel DC S3700 fail

Doesn't matter. I RMAd an ebay Intel SSD without needing a receipt. I was even able to cross ship. Just try it. Worse thing they will say is no...
  12. T

The problem is not the codebase at this point. We've cleaned it up pretty well so that merging them wouldn't be overly difficult. The problem lies that we don't have the source code for the hw driver, so we can't fix simple issues like naming conflicts, or missing symbols that were in the...
  13. T

Intel DC S3700 fail

I RMAd a S3500 1.2tb to Intel a few months ago, you should have no problem RMAing a S3700.
  14. T

The current code doesn't let you run both together due to a conflict in card enumeration in the corresponding drivers. We hope to fix it at some point, but PRs always welcome. In short, no it won't work. I suggest sticking with the SX350, it's in better shape.
  15. T

WTB Sandisk iomemory sx350 Fusion-IO card

I snagged an ioscale2 card for $50 bucks on ebay. Now I just need one more sx350 and I'm golden. Ideally if I could grab one at < 200 that would be great.
  16. T

I'll look on homelab sales. Thanks for the tip. $500 is outside of my budget, I just need a smaller cheap card. I will probably look around ebay too. I figured I'd check here first anyway just incase.
  17. T

I have a cluster using sx350s running v5.6.1, and snuf has a card he can test with as well. Since that's my production ceph cluster I'd like to not impact it during testing in case we run into a bug during development.
  18. T

Size doesn't matter, just need one of each for dev work on snuf/iomemory-vsl4. I am on the east coast US. Ideally cheap, < 200. This is for dev work, so again I don't need size or endurance.
  19. T

Can you run fio-status -a? Does the card format? You can try to flash the official WD firmware if you haven't already, since the two are usually loosely tied to each other.
  20. T

Cheap Intel enterprise SSDs on eBay

For that price, you could buy a Fusion-IO 6TB card from ebay for around $400~. I got 3TB cards for $200 each,